What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Wow what a non-response. The NRL definitely could negotiate a power into player contracts that allows them to dictate how much individual players are going to get paid. Assuming there is a great leader who navigates the clubs telling him to shove it up his ass, gets it agreed upon, what rules are you going to enact to make it work and how are you going to ensure it’s not manipulated? And you can’t just answer “a great leader would get it done”.

What? You are a bonehead. No one is saying the the NRL should or even could do what you are idiotically suggesting. Read carefully and work out the difference as to what Shubert told Parra in regards to Folau and what I am suggesting and what you stupidly are putting forward here.

And to say that it isn't possible to do it, well ummm...it has already been done. It should be done again is what I am suggesting in regards to D. Fifita otherwise the system is a laughable joke for some clubs and a restricting scam for others.

TheRam

Coach
For sure. It frees up a roster spot at minimum $.

If $BW wants to play for them for minimum $, then that is his perogative isn't it?
However, he can, under the quirks of the salary cap rules, earn significantly more than that. He can be given win bonuses and appearance fees - the salary cap hit of which is calculated by multiplying the bonuses by the number of NRL games played in the previous season (ie, 0).

The biggest issue will be whether or not he can keep his Wolfpack deal. If he can, then cash here isn't a massive issue - he takes $150k(ish) to play on minimum contract and incentives - all of which only counts as a minimum contract.
Any club could do it
However it seems only the Chooks have the guys at the top who can sell him on the idea of it all.

It also helps when you are being paid around $3m to sit out the season with the blessing of you current bosses.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bit long if ask me

It probably is, at his age.

However, his form is absolutely brilliant this year, and by all reports I've read, Michael Jennings is a very good locker room influence.

So all in all, I think we made a great move.

Also, I would love nothing more than to see Michael Jennings win a Premiership in Eels colours, to really solidify that he is a true Eel.

84 Baby

Referee
What? You are a bonehead. No one is saying the the NRL should or even could do what you are idiotically suggesting. Read carefully and work out the difference as to what Shubert told Parra in regards to Folau and what I am suggesting and what you stupidly are putting forward here.

And to say that it isn't possible to do it, well ummm...it has already been done. It should be done again is what I am suggesting in regards to D. Fifita otherwise the system is a laughable joke for some clubs and a restricting scam for others.
And you are a fart sniffing wanker. You are suggesting the NRL not register a contract because another club has offered more, i.e. the NRL dictating he should be paid the larger amount. And I already showed the difference between the Folau situation to this. You were just too busy visually inspecting your own lower intestine

Gazzamatta

Coach
Looks like Holdsworth is building nicely. Money aside I really didnt see Fifita moving. Looks like poor form and trouble in paradise is even effecting Bronco Dollars. Obviously Seibold hasnt endeared himself to the playing group. Lets go Justins Tits.

Soto

Bench
Looks like Holdsworth is building nicely. Money aside I really didnt see Fifita moving. Looks like poor form and trouble in paradise is even effecting Bronco Dollars. Obviously Seibold hasnt endeared himself to the playing group. Lets go Justins Tits.
You mean Holbrook?