What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Our draw gets extremely hard. Toughest of NRL now for rest of season.
We must win our next two imo. After that we have one he'll of a trot. We have these games left =

Manly
Knights away
Panthers x 2
Storm away
Titan's away
Manly away
Roosters away
South's x 2

What the Hell. What a nightmare draw. That kind of guarantees that we end up busted and limping into the Semi Finals.

Damn!

Eelogical

Referee
I loved watching the wacky raiders when i was a kid
tenor.gif

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ a few pay rises in a shrinking cap can only mean cuts in other areas ? Is the removal of Fergo and Jennings from the list enough ?

Gronk

Staff member
Doesn’t look much of a pay rise off that tweet at 800k a year.
In real terms IIRC both Brown and Moses have received more as a percentage of the salary cap. I'm not saying we paid overs at all. Just saying that it eats into our cap moving forward that probably won't increase for some time.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
In real terms IIRC both Brown and Moses have received more as a percentage of the salary cap. I'm not saying we paid overs at all. Just saying that it eats into our cap moving forward that probably won't increase for some time.

Ok understood and noted good move is that other clubs still seem to be spending as if there has been no cap decrease

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how would Brent Reed know what he signed for ? those contracts are not available to the public, players quiet often say, "dont believe what you read its way off the money"

agents are obliged by NDAs not to disclose it, so hard to tell if its a bargain or not

TheRam

Coach
On Jakes debut. I loved how we posed a genuine threat on either side of the field with two playmakers that threaten with ball in hand and the ability to pass that scares the defense.

I know it is early, early days, but how good did the kid look? Not a handbrake out there like that other bloke. True playmaking option. He even could of scored twice on debut, but was selfless and passed instead of dummy and go himself.

I can't wait to watch him in the next couple of games. The experience will be invaluable to him and gives us a real option if we, from now on, need to cover our halves for whatever reason. Who knows Dillbags maybe a fix for our centre issue down the road after all? But he is a show pony and probably won't like that one bit. Also would limit his asking price down the road too, so would be understandable. But hey, sh*t happens and you adjust or you move on.

Time will tell, but I liked what I saw very much from young Jake. If he comes on slowly like Cleary did with the Panthers, we could have one hell of a player in 2 or 3 years.

Go Jakey go!

TheRam

Coach
how would Brent Reed know what he signed for ? those contracts are not available to the public, players quiet often say, "dont believe what you read its way off the money"

agents are obliged by NDAs not to disclose it, so hard to tell if its a bargain or not

Mate you do know that these guys are in the media and have connections with people at all the clubs right?

They are not like you or me sitting behind a screen just throwing out our own opinions on a keyboard.

Not saying that they are always right or spot on, but most often then not when salaries are concerned they are pretty close to the mark.

TheRam

Coach
Huge overs for Brown. 650k? Producing as much as a 250k half.

So true Hindy. Seeing Jake play yesterday was so eye opening and refreshing. He showed us just how stifling Dillbags is. Jakes body language alone made him a threat and the way the defense was nervous when he had the ball in hand. Dillbags doesn't scare anyone with his passing game being so lame, they know that they just have to watch his off the shoulder close support(short pass) or he will run. Easy to predict and therefore for a half, very ordinary.

Jake however is a genuine threat with the ball in hand and with our gorilla pack will be playing with space which for play makers that know how to pass, well it is like ambrosia from the footballing Gods.

I like the boy.

hindy111

Post Whore
So true Hindy. Seeing Jake play yesterday was so eye opening and refreshing. He showed us just how stifling Dillbags is. Jakes body language alone made him a threat and the way the defense was nervous when he had the ball in hand. Dillbags doesn't scare anyone with his passing game being so lame, they know that they just have to watch his off the shoulder close support(short pass) or he will run. Easy to predict and therefore for a half, very ordinary.

Jake however is a genuine threat with the ball in hand and with our gorilla pack will be playing with space which for play makers that know how to pass, well it is like ambrosia from the footballing Gods.

I like the boy.

Dylan wasn't ready for NRL imo. He is still only 20. He should only be breaking into the NRL now.
We robbed him of two yrs development running a side. He is now playing 2nd fiddle amd missed out on a valuable 20 odd games where he learned to take charge.
Look at Kafusi. Only this year he has established himself as a genuine top 17 player. 3yrs previous where spent preparing him.

I'd rather Jake have another 12 mths in NSW cup. We don't want to kill him like we may have Brown.

I am predicting Brown will come back quite well however.