What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

BossleyPanther

Juniors
dont forget gould started out in penrith in 2011, so it has taken 10 years to really bare fruit.

Right now we are good at identifying talent that is under performing and we can mould into better performing players at a lower cost to the cap. If BA and O'Neill think the next guy they can resurrect is Aaron Woods then awesome. The track record with these sort of signings has been quite good over the last 3 or so seasons.
There is no secret in what Gould did. Putting the right people in and having state of the art facilities is key, Great stadium (which parra has) is what players want to be kept at the club.

TheRam

Coach
what makes you think his family are mad dogs supporters (even if they are, NRL is a business….)?

anyhow if he was prepared to leave the Illawarra/Steelers at 18 to go to the dogs, I doubt going to the eels is a huge concern for him (if there are even any truth to the rumours)….

UPDATE - so Ram it’s from his debut interview where he mentions his family being dog supporters……..I doubt that will have a huge impact on his decision making

Additionally in the interview he mentions he isn’t top 30 or on a developmental contract. So maybe an indication the reason for the rumours

Watch this, but I hope you are right.

Avenger

Immortal
We have realistically 2 spots open in the backline if someone better comes along.
Guys like Opacic and Dunster have been handed 1yr deal cause the club would be sold on them 100%. So we have 2 spots imo quite open if a better option comes along. I doubt those two are on anymore then 150-170k.
Opačić signed for an extra year only because there is a good chance he will head back home and be an inaugural member of the newly promoted Redcliffe Dolphins.

hindy111

Post Whore
Opačić signed for an extra year only because there is a good chance he will head back home and be an inaugural member of the newly promoted Redcliffe Dolphins.

I do not beleive this at all. He is solid but I reckon BA only views him as a fill in. Penisini may take his spot.

Gronk

Staff member
I do not beleive this at all. He is solid but I reckon BA only views him as a fill in. Penisini may take his spot.
Penisini is only a year out of school. Opapcic was extended for year beacuse they know that Penisini is not ready.

That does not mean that Will won’t get a taste of FG like Jacob has over time, but you need to be careful with these kids. Young Walker has two bung shoulders right now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penisini is only a year out of school. Opapcic was extended for year beacuse they know that Penisini is not ready.

That does not mean that Will won’t get a taste of FG like Jacob has over time, but you need to be careful with these kids. Young Walker has two bung shoulders right now.

How old is Penisini? 18 or 19. So next year he will be 19 or 20. Plenty of 19/20ylds in NRL.
He is built physically far stronger an more developed then Arthur's or Russel body wise. He is like a tank.

Walker is built like a bread stick. Of course he would get injured.

Gronk

Staff member
Watching him play. Good defender but just ordinary in attack. If BA didn't rate Penisini I reckon we would of gunned for a better option.
If you are saying he is ordinary in attack, then you haven't watched him at all.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you are saying he is ordinary in attack, then you haven't watched him at all.

He is quite slow and not very powerful with average foot work. Nothing to worry a defense.
Look at Burton,Crichton,Blake,Lomax,Latrel,Staggs etc.
Give a one on one and they are going pass you most times.

Gronk

Staff member
He is quite slow and not very powerful with average foot work. Nothing to worry a defense.
Look at Burton,Crichton,Blake,Lomax,Latrel,Staggs etc.
Give a one on one and they are going pass you most times.
Slow with average footwork ! Put a fork in him !

Perspective mofo. He's fresh out of school (Captain Kings 1st XV) 2020 after doing his HSC during COVID ! He has literally played 12 games of mens footy.

But but Katoni Staggs ! :rolleyes:

hindy111

Post Whore
Slow with average footwork ! Put a fork in him !

Perspective mofo. He's fresh out of school (Captain Kings 1st XV) 2020 after doing his HSC during COVID ! He has literally played 12 games of mens footy.

But but Katoni Staggs ! :rolleyes:

Nathan Cleary debut at 18. Look at the kid now...
f**king peanut

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Rather than knowing he's not ready, I'd say it's more that they don't know whether he will be. I also suspect Opacic is cheap enough that having him in reserve grade (if he drops out of our top 17) doesn't hurt our cap too much.