What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Opacic has averaged more tackle breaks (3.3) then Crichton (2.1) Burton (2.2) and Lomax (1.1)

He averages 0.6 line breaks a game, better than Crichton (0.2) and Lomax (0.1). Burton has 1.3.

If you where the coach and could swap Opacic for any of those 3 and it didn't effect Salary cap would you? I would in a heart beat.

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly?

Yes.

Cricthon is a much better player - he also costs a lot more.

The money we save allows us to beef up our forward pack.

Follow the Storm's philosophy - you only need players at centre who will do their jobs.

Splash on superstars for your spine, and forward pack.

Sure. But our forward pack is stacked. And spine is set. So if we had a spare 400k where would you spend it?

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't know how you guys get all these players WatsApp numbers??

Can Jam those digits up there arses. Lomax is twice the player. Yes he costs a lot more. And at some point I expect Penisini will cost far more then Opacic.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
(source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/442fee1487af4cd16cf8438da88a7374) -

Some NRL players can serve bans in Origin games, and others can’t... this is why​

by Simon Brunsdon from Fox Sports@simonbrunsdon
June 16th, 2021 1:24 pm

NRL head of football Graham Annesley has cleared up why some NRL players are allowed to serve suspension games in State of Origin, while others are not.

There’s been confusion in rugby league circles after Victor Radley, Angus Crichton, and Josh Papalii were all served NRL bans on the eve of Origin selection.

All three players were allowed to use Origin I as one game on their record, thereby effectively reducing the penalty on their clubs by one game.

For Crichton and Papalii, it meant they were able to return to the NRL in Round 14 and both look set to play Origin II for NSW and Queensland respectively.

Radley copped a five-game ban and has already served three of those, including Origin I and two Roosters games.

On Tuesday, Annesley explained that all three players applied to the NRL judiciary chairman to make a declaration that Origin games be included in their individual suspension period.

The chairman, after asking both NSW and Queensland if those players would have been selected for Origin, decided to allow it.

“The chairman makes that decision based on evidence, it is entirely at his discretion,” Annesley said.

“Had they not been suspended players they would have been selected (for Origin).

“He doesn’t always provide that approval, and this has been happening for many years. Sometimes the information collected isn’t enough to convince him the player would have been selected to play in Origin, he has rejected some of those applications.”

Bizarrely, Annesley revealed the chairman decided Origin II will not count on Radley’s suspension, only Origin I.

That means Radley will be available for Roosters selection in Round 17, and for NSW Blues selection in Origin III to be played five days later.

The NRL also pointed out the Roosters and Raiders each had a bye in Round 13, the week before Origin I, meaning those players did not have a chance to soak up a suspension game that week.

Annesley claims that was taken into account when the chairman made his decision.

emjaycee

Coach
You've invented GPYSA18 you beautiful bastard!!!
I think the GPYSA18 is a valuable measure however more valuable is the WPYSMHD and GPYSMHD numbers.

If you look at a player like Sivo who debuted at the age of 25, he has a WPYSMHD of 13.66 but a WPYSA18 of only 4.55.

His GPYSA18 is a lowly 5.66 (that means he would appear to not play many games per year) however his GPYSMHD is a more acceptable 17.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree, it doesn't take into account late starters and advantages only the Panthers players who all started when they were 18.

Maybe Penrith coaching staff looked at Sivo's GPYSA18 back in 2018 when it was 0.0 and that is why they let him go?

I don't need GYPSA18 to tell me who is or isn't a good player.

Bloody rabbit

Gazzamatta

Coach
Opacic has averaged more tackle breaks (3.3) then Crichton (2.1) Burton (2.2) and Lomax (1.1)

He averages 0.6 line breaks a game, better than Crichton (0.2) and Lomax (0.1). Burton has 1.3.
I'm a big fan of Oppy. A very honest player. I'd be surprised if QLD wernt watching him given their defensive issues and lack of centres. Oppy V Chambers is no contest for mine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the GPYSA18 is a valuable measure however more valuable is the WPYSMHD and GPYSMHD numbers.

If you look at a player like Sivo who debuted at the age of 25, he has a WPYSMHD of 13.66 but a WPYSA18 of only 4.55.

His GPYSA18 is a lowly 5.66 (that means he would appear to not play many games per year) however his GPYSMHD is a more acceptable 17.
I prefer counting games since they turned 18 because early debutantes shouldn't be punished, and late bloomers shouldn't be rewarded.

And don't get me started on debutante bloomers.

shopping

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach

Vossy was blowing up about this on his radio show on SEN the other day when i was driving into work.

If for example a kiwi player got suspended like Isaiah papalii he would miss more club games then say crichton or radley because of his nationality. Its a joke no wonder people gets the shits when a club like the roosters seem to get a leg up whenever they feel like from Head office.

Latest posts