What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Fu*k yeah!

But how do you know that he is unhappy Hindy and would he be cheap enough for us to be able to fit him in?

Its been all over media for months now. He wants out. I think he'd demand around 550-600k. If we could have for the rest of this season like Pa there did with Pangai Jnr we may get for 200k. Moving forward we prob would need to sacrifice Lane who would be cost 400k.

TheRam

Coach
Because its not going to beat Melbourne or Penrith on the big day.

I agree mate, but how long do you think he will continue with this type of game before he realises that it doesn't work against quality that also play with a lot of effort but have a more expansive game plan?

Will he change on his own(a light bulb moment) or will he need to be pushed into it or out of the club altogether?

hindy111

Post Whore
Still 3 years away, isn't he? By the time he is available again, if we haven't sorted out our outside backs issue, then I dare say we may have lost our premiership window.

I don't think so. If we are a smart club we will always be in the mix with the odd fast rebuild year. Like under Brian Smith. You'd have a good side for a year or two followed by a top side for 2yrs and a qyrd bit of a rebuild.
Over the 5yr period you have 2 sides capable of pushing for a title/top 5 spot. And 2yrs where you can't win it but are competitive and finish 6th-10th.

Biggest mistakes sides do is stick with the same squad to long just to try and get one more solid year where you're maybe going to finish 6th -8th and never a genuine threat. Problem is they try and hold on and it ends up a slow decline. The rebuild then takes 5yrs.

Smart sides like the Rooster blow it up fast and are ready to rock n roll fast. Like a band aid. Right off

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes that is exactly what he is. At his peak he was surrounded by star and seasoned players and was good enough to do enough to guide the team around the park and occasionally star with his own great moments. He got consistent enough to manage a couple of decent seasons overall. I didn't mind him back then and if he maintained that type of form, he would be fine, but he hasn't and has regressed to the point of having really poor moments in attack and defense during games.

Not worth much more then $350K as backup money if teams and coaches weren't stupid or desperate.

Overs..... He will be 31 when gets to Cowboys. I won't be suprised if he is in QLD CUP by 2023. 250k MAX for this hack of a footy player.

Chipmunk

Coach
For 10 or so minutes a half someone like Brooks could ignite our inept attack especially in the opposition 20.
Relying on scoring off kicks is no way to move forward.
Defending on the edges is a difficult assignment. Defending in the middle may just help as its usually more compressed.
I don't think Brooks coming to Parra would ever happen but wouldn't be against it.
Some players just need a change of clubs. I feel Brooks is one of them.
Realistically using Cartwright properly could ignite our inept attack.

Chipmunk

Coach
Papa has been amazing for us this year but now he is being totally overused, Bea has a shiny new tow and he is going overboard with him

He’s happy to chase the collision but how much longer can he keep it up???
He should be used as a decoy for at least 50 per cent of his runs. Interestingly, decoys seem a priority for the top three teams, but not us.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He should be used as a decoy for at least 50 per cent of his runs. Interestingly, decoys seem a priority for the top two teams, but not us.
We’d use the least amount of decoys than any other side, well that’s what it seems like.

But but but all team attack similar…….. maybe the players are just too lazy to run decoys???

Soto

Bench
Papa has been amazing for us this year but now he is being totally overused, Bea has a shiny new tow and he is going overboard with him

He’s happy to chase the collision but how much longer can he keep it up???
Completely agree...again a poor use of interchange bench..he looks very gassed at times. He is an awesome player and a great addition to the team but let's not burn him out

Pazza

First Grade
I agree mate, but how long do you think he will continue with this type of game before he realises that it doesn't work against quality that also play with a lot of effort but have a more expansive game plan?

Will he change on his own(a light bulb moment) or will he need to be pushed into it or out of the club altogether?

i wish i knew. Sadly i got a feeling he just doesn't have the intelligence to coach anything more than effort on effort, searching for the collision and in attack just play eyes up footy. it will be good enough for us to sit between 3 - 6 on the ladder but sadly not the level required to win anything.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Completely agree...again a poor use of interchange bench..he looks very gassed at times. He is an awesome player and a great addition to the team but let's not burn him out
Honestly how does an 8 year coach still have no idea on how to use a bench??? And people try to tell me that a change of coach could be the end of the world and won’t improve this team??

crocodile

Bench
in the opposition 20 yes..we look lost. I feel like we are more chance of scoring outside the 20.
I'm sure Pou could do the stats.
Collision and kick dependent attack that probably won't cut it at the pointy end of the season, especially when players by that stage are playing half busted and the teams that can play smart and have good defense generally win.

484 points is not inept. It may need improvement but calling it inept is insulting.

hindy111

Post Whore
Against Raiders BA knowing we needed points took off the guy who is perhaps our most likely to create a try assist.
He had to either take his son off or a forward and run dual hookers. It was a very poor time to give Rheed a rest. If you plan to rest himmin a tight game you donit earlier. You want your best 13 on in the last 10mins to close it out or give yourself the best chance of winning.

Soto

Bench
Bringing on players for 7 mins to change a game is inspiring for the player and the team.
The other night he brought on Will Smith with about 20 to go and i thought that was a good move. In tandem with Reed, yes lets go.
No no no take Reed off and keep Jake on.
Unless Reed was injured I can't understand wtf that was about...we needed our most experienced players on.
Message should've been sent. Dylbro take control and Will support. We need to win this game otherwise we are up against it to make the top 4. Outside top 4 no team is any chance of winning the premiership.

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly how does an 8 year coach still have no idea on how to use a bench??? And people try to tell me that a change of coach could be the end of the world and won’t improve this team??

There have ben games where the result has been decided with 20 to go. Yet he hasn't used that time to give guys on bench extra mins. I feel like that's the best time to give your starters a well deserved rest and your bench some good game time.

Latest posts