What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
And my ‘thinking beyond the square’ choice to coach and replace BA if he doesn’t get extended would be Brad Fittler.

TheRam

Coach
And my ‘thinking beyond the square’ choice to coach and replace BA if he doesn’t get extended would be Brad Fittler.

I said this a while ago and still think that he would be a very good choice and the profile of our club would be ramped up a notch or two as well. Sponsors would be drawn to him and his contacts are second to none. So many positives and up sides. If he was to be successful and get us to play offs and GF's, the buzz would be awesome and the ability to recruit would go through the roof with his standing in the game and all.

emjaycee

Coach
Pou I can see something like a swap with Holbrook when 2022 ends. This could easily happen if we continue to plateau and the Gold Coast miss the finals. Some coaches just suit other teams more. I suggested Ryan Carr but I can’t see us going with another rookie after BA’s tenure ends.

The board can always buy more time with an ‘experienced coach.’

My preferred pick would be Trent Robinson although I can’t see it happening.
Serious question, what time do the board need to buy? They are a non-electable board these days.

Delboy

First Grade
My view remains that BA should be the head coach, but desperately needs asst coaches to provide fresh ideas and challenge the status quo. Maintaining BA keeps the club steady at the top and he is a good recruiter, leader and well respected by players.

Whilst that change seems an easy thing to do, the HOF would possibly have to interfere with the selection of assistants which have always been controlled by the HC. That’s a dynamic that a forward thinking HOF should take to the board.

Avenger

Immortal
My view remains that BA should be the head coach, but desperately needs asst coaches to provide fresh ideas and challenge the status quo. Maintaining BA keeps the club steady at the top and he is a good recruiter, leader and well respected by players.

Whilst that change seems an easy thing to do, the HOF would possibly have to interfere with the selection of assistants which have always been controlled by the HC. That’s a dynamic that a forward thinking HOF should take to the board.
I suspect he never wants assistants that are a threat to his job. Can you see any of his current assistants ever getting a head coaching gig anywhere or have the ambition to?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't rate Fittler at all. Holbrook might have a lot of potential. I like how the Titans attack.
Big tick Poo. Holbrook will be a beauty but he definitely needs a few more workers in his pack and on the bench. Its only his second year. Hes still taking out the garbage. Finacune would have been enormous for them but 4 years ffs? Although I did hear his 4th year is only for 300k.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Totally agree. I said this about 4 years ago. I would have considered BA for MONs job and looked for a new coach at that time. BA is a valuable asset and one that should not be lost to our club.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Too late for BA to be put in that type of role now. The problem with putting ex coaches in that type of role is there will always be specluation even if its not true about the former coach undermining current coach.

Look at the Daniel Anderson appointment i dont know the truth during his tenure but there was always smoke that he and BA didnt get on and Ando was still craving the head coach role. And that doesn't help anyone especially it doesn't take much for scumbags like hooper and kent to latch onto garbage.

King-Gutho94

Coach

What about Nathan Cayless. I see he is at the roosters now as an assistant to robbo. Probably learnt more in his 2 years at the chooks.

Or is that going back to the past.

Obivously caylo probably has a question mark against him as a leader that he isnt a known winner of big games as he couldn't get us over the line to win a premiership during a pretty strong era when we had multiple opportunities.

I dont know if that's truly his fault he did lead kiwis to WC win but unfortunately that stigma can stick though

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Too late for BA to be put in that type of role now. The problem with putting ex coaches in that type of role is there will always be specluation even if its not true about the former coach undermining current coach.

Look at the Daniel Anderson appointment i dont know the truth during his tenure but there was always smoke that he and BA didnt get on and Ando was still craving the head coach role. And that doesn't help anyone especially it doesn't take much for scumbags like hooper and kent to latch onto garbage.
I believe the same thing has happened with Brian Smith at a couple of clubs. Just waiting for him to reply to my texta.

Avenger

Immortal
What about Nathan Cayless. I see he is at the roosters now as an assistant to robbo. Probably learnt more in his 2 years at the chooks.

Or is that going back to the past.

Obivously caylo probably has a question mark against him as a leader that he isnt a known winner of big games as he couldn't get us over the line to win a premiership during a pretty strong era when we had multiple opportunities.

I dont know if that's truly his fault he did lead kiwis to WC win but unfortunately that stigma can stick though
Oh God no!!

Chipmunk

Coach
So the NRL looking at a loan system for injured players. I'd say f**k off. This will mean Panthers and Roosters can go and get more players (can't play Finals though?

f**k that.

Latest posts