What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
From rugby 7s

For young gun Dietrich Roache, who is the quickest in the Australian side, it is a dream come true for a 20-year-old on debut in a major tournament as he comes up against Radradra, who he idolised growing up.

“It’s pretty crazy,” Roache said.

“I’m a Parramatta Eels supporter, so I used to support him and now I’ll play him.

“When I’m on the field I don’t really focus on him. He’s just another player and I’ll do anything to get over him.

“I’m playing for my country that I love, so I’ll do anything to beat him.”

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm sure the loan system would only be for club game and not finals.
I think if the NRL are serious here only players who are not regarded as part of your top 17 should be allowed to go for loan.
Eg - G.Jennings and Alvaro last season.

We should be able to elect Penisini,Greig,Hipgrave,Russel for example as available for the loan system

And only clubs who are ravaged by injuries should be Abe to loan them. Otherwise it's just a very silly decision on the NRLs behalf.

Part of the game is injuries and having a squad being able to cover them. That's why utilities play a big part in squad

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

For example, Penrith have ample winger cover for To’o and can’t call on another player to replace the Blues star. The loaning club can recall their player at any stage, but there is conjecture over whether players can be loaned for two or three weeks at a time. Players cannot play in the NRL finals. Clubs who release players for a few weeks are entitled to cap relief.

TheRam

Coach
I suspect he never wants assistants that are a threat to his job. Can you see any of his current assistants ever getting a head coaching gig anywhere or have the ambition to?

That is why it needs to be taken out of his hands like other responsibilities have over the years and we should then get the best people we think that are available. Every time the club have forced change on BA he and the team have performed better. Maybe it is time to force another change on him again so he can go to the next level.

I wouldn't bring in someone that BA just wouldn't like to work with or doesn't get along with, I would give him options and pick the best from those that he also supports. But we need to make these changes at the end of this season otherwise nothing will change. His and his coaching staffs ideas have gone stale. Almost everyone can see this now.

84 Baby

Referee
I keep telling you blokes. Carr is being groomed to take over. BA will either take up a “promotion” or potentially go as package deal with Jrthur to whichever club.
Carr will be able to maintain the club structures at least. He was doing alright with reggies too. Whether his appointment moves Murphy/Kidwell on is a separate discussion.

lingard

Coach
Have a look at the top 6 sides. Id argue the next best side is Canberra. What do you notice?

Bellamy,Des,Cleary,BA,Ricky,Robinson,Bennett. All long term coaches and most been there for a while.

Have a look at every other sides coach. Bar Madge who hasn't been there long they are all inexperienced.

So the 7 best sides in the comp have the 7 longest serving/experienced coaches.
The interesting thing about those seven coaches is that six of them have been highly successful.

Re: the loan system

watch the Roosters sign Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs and Reece Walsh for the finals.

Well, they could get them for the runup to the finals, but according to Fox the loanees will not be eligible to play in the finals. But who knows?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/c55abba4efdbe1680979b3c22e6d2efe
What the NRL are looking at it an in-house transfer system for the remainder of the season. It wouldn’t include finals and the grand final.

lingard

Coach
^^^

For example, Penrith have ample winger cover for To’o and can’t call on another player to replace the Blues star. The loaning club can recall their player at any stage, but there is conjecture over whether players can be loaned for two or three weeks at a time. Players cannot play in the NRL finals. Clubs who release players for a few weeks are entitled to cap relief.
I've been attempting to get cap relief for some time now.

Latest posts