What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
It’s still their duty to act in the best interests of the club and if a better alternative is available especially one that has won 7 premierships than it would be remiss to not explore it.

Let me tell you for the last time if this team does not make at the very least the preliminary final BA has choked again and he needs to be moved on before 2022.
Agree. It's always fascinated me, that rugby league journalists NEVER blame the coach - ALWAYS the players.

Chipmunk

Coach
My only reservation with Bennett is that he always wants total control with retention and recruitment and I’m guessing the salary cap. We now have a committee for that due to the debacle of 2016 and we know when he exited Newcastle and Brisbane their salary cap was a mess and they are still reeling from it.

The same thing happened with Flanagan at Cronulla with players on massive back ended deals.

Any coach that succeeds BA must have similar management skills and have the ability where players want to play for him. This equates to signing and retaining players at under market value.

I think the Flanagan situation was probably also contributed by a pretty lean staff in the time Flanagan was there. I doubt he'd get the same kind of influence at any other club.

Bennett gets a two year deal to coach the team and that's it, take it or leave it, because he won't have any other opportunities to be coaching at any other other Top 4 and Premiership capable teams in that time.

lingard

Coach
Do you think he’s a better coach than BA? Is he a better man manager? Recruiter? Is he good for our culture? That’s what you need to ask yourself. To be honest I’m not sure.
He's a far better coach. Far better recruiter. And as for our 'culture' - what is it now? And the longer we go on playing this boring style of footy, the worse it will get. I actually think B.A. might be just beginning to 'lose the dressing room'.

84 Baby

Referee
My only reservation with Bennett is that he always wants total control with retention and recruitment and I’m guessing the salary cap. We now have a committee for that due to the debacle of 2016 and we know when he exited Newcastle and Brisbane their salary cap was a mess and they are still reeling from it.

The same thing happened with Flanagan at Cronulla with players on massive back ended deals.

Any coach that succeeds BA must have similar management skills and have the ability where players want to play for him. This equates to signing and retaining players at under market value.
The other issue with Skeletor is that he might just use the time to groom who he wants to take to the new South Queensland Crushers

IFR33K

Coach

The upside to potentially signing WB would be he won’t be here long enough to have either a positive or negative effect to recruitment. He’d have 12-24 months to work his magic with the current squad. Can’t see him being a long term target.

hindy111

Post Whore
F**k yeah! If true we would be mad not to swap them. Lomax is defensively great and can attack real well too and also great in the air. He ticks all the right boxes. Him and Pinisini would be a very formidable centre pairing.

Please be true.

It's based on Lomax unfollowing Saints on instagram then re following the next day.
I wouldn’t read into it at all.

The Predictor

Juniors
Do you think he’s a better coach than BA? Is he a better man manager? Recruiter? Is he good for our culture? That’s what you need to ask yourself. To be honest I’m not sure.
I keep hearing how good of a man manager he is , yet when on the park they are mismanaged BIG TIME, so where is the good management again??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, believe it or not, disagreeing with you, doesn’t make people dumb, sorry to burst your bubble, bud
You're right, but backing it up with shit logic and no evidence does make them dumb.

Or more accurately, being dumb is what makes them so useless at forming and presenting an argument.

Avenger

Immortal
He's a far better coach. Far better recruiter. And as for our 'culture' - what is it now? And the longer we go on playing this boring style of footy, the worse it will get. I actually think B.A. might be just beginning to 'lose the dressing room'.
You may have a point there. What I can now confirm and the source is impeccable is that a premiership winning coach has definitely put in his expression of interest.

The Predictor

Juniors
You're right, but backing it up with shit logic and no evidence does make them dumb.

Or more accurately, being dumb is what makes them so useless at forming and presenting an argument.
It’s all about perception, everyone’s is different, I won’t be arguing the point though, as you are a champion deflector, with a comeback for every argument, u have a gift, my friend 👍

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s all about perception, everyone’s is different, I won’t be arguing the point though, as you are a champion deflector, with a comeback for every argument, u have a gift, my friend 👍
Well I'm not always right and sometimes I have a guess, no different from yourself. But as you've pointed out, I am very smart. So my assessments are likely to be better than yours. Have a look at all the smarter posters on here. We all have similar views.

Latest posts