What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Oh really? I can't find or remember the original article that goes into detail about him at the time and how we basically brushed him, but here is a quote from the guy who got him to the Bulldogs.

Mulholland recalled this week: “He was wearing a size 18 shoe when he was 15. He came from Parramatta but they didn’t want to do anything with him as a 15-year-old so I brought him over to play Harold Matthews at Canterbury.”
Bit like Daniel Tupou - he was cut by Parramatta after 2 seasons in NYC - Too tall and Cumbersome to play NRL he was told.

Gronk

Staff member
Bit like Daniel Tupou - he was cut by Parramatta after 2 seasons in NYC - Too tall and Cumbersome to play NRL he was told.
James Maloney was in the Norths, Eels and Storm system before he found his mojo.It wasn't until NZ picked him up that he blossomed.

This is a perfect example of why you should never pull examples of juniors being overlooked. For all we know, said junior might have been more interested in bongs than footy when he was young.

TheRam

Coach
James Maloney was in the Norths, Eels and Storm system before he found his mojo.It wasn't until NZ picked him up that he blossomed.

This is a perfect example of why you should never pull examples of juniors being overlooked. For all we know, said junior might have been more interested in bongs than footy when he was young.

Great smoke screen comment.

Not referring to the late bloomers mate.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Yep also who knows what his attitude was like as well. Some athletes/footballers might need a kick up the arse by getting flicked early on or being told they are not good enough to change their mindset and if they actually want to become a professional footballer

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All I ever hear from you is excuses as to why we were crap or are crap. You never seem to get that for a club like ours it is not a lack of resources or finances, but a lack of talent at the top and bad decisions along the way because of it. We need to hire the right people in all the areas that need improving.
I'd say hiring the 'right people' costs a lot more than hiring the wrong ones. Or do you think there's no demand for 'talent at the top'?

TheRam

Coach
I'd say hiring the 'right people' costs a lot more than hiring the wrong ones. Or do you think there's no demand for 'talent at the top'?

When you are a club like Parramatta, I would say hiring the wrong people cost a lot more and is a price to high to pay.

hindy111

Post Whore
How much collectively would we save by cutting them? $900k to $1m?

Fergonwas on 500k. The rest would be close to Min bar Lussick who maybe 150k. We have to replace them so we are only saving Fergos money and MJs. But most that will be taken just from Papali upgrade and Penisini.

Latest posts