What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
With the players departing I reckon we should maybe look at Scott for the interim whilst Sivo is out. He'd be relatively cheap offer a 1 year deal with a club option. Move Waqa to the wing. Scott is still young and hasn't plenty of potential. Reckon he'd go alright in a good side.
2. Waqa
3. Scott
4.Penisini
5.Dunster

lucablight

First Grade
With the players departing I reckon we should maybe look at Scott for the interim whilst Sivo is out. He'd be relatively cheap offer a 1 year deal with a club option. Move Waqa to the wing. Scott is still young and hasn't plenty of potential. Reckon he'd go alright in a good side.
2. Waqa
3. Scott
4.Penisini
5.Dunster
I hope we don’t go for Scott. He’s not that good a player and we already have an established centre pairing in Blake and Penisini. I’d rather take a chance on the young players stepping up rather than pay extra for an average at best player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When you are a club like Parramatta, I would say hiring the wrong people cost a lot more and is a price to high to pay.
It's always about balancing short term success against long term sustainment. It's never a simple equation of spending over your budget every year forever. It's unsustainable for clubs trying to justify their budget to a controlling stakeholder.

Avenger

Immortal
Rankin will be boned for sure. I'd give Roache another go just for his first name. Sounds like a singer that belts out cool tunes.

lingard

Coach
Ferguson, Lussick, Hughes and Oldfield have been confirmed as departing. Who will be our starting wingers next season now?
Dunster will be one. Up until a month ago, Waqa Blake probably would have been the other, but he's now settled into the left centre position, so I think we should leave him there. Should we try to buy a winger?

Avenger

Immortal
Dunster will be one. Up until a month ago, Waqa Blake probably would have been the other, but he's now settled into the left centre position, so I think we should leave him there. Should we try to buy a winger?
Only if we can offload a highly paid forward surplus to requirements and one that can make metres and hitups.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
2. Waqa
3. Scott
4.Penisini
5.Dunster
If we moved Blake to the wing we could just use Opacic at centre and not have to spend extra on Scott. This is what the squad is for. Why have thirty players if you're not going to use them?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Not convinced we need to buy a winger for next year to replace Fergo, when in between reserve grade and Sivo's injuries, the pair of them basically only covered one wing position this season.

Sivo might miss the first month of games if still recovering from surgeryetc, but we already have the options that did ok enough when needed this year... Dunster (now owns Fergo's spot), Penisini and Blake (own the centre spots) and choice of Russell, Perham, Opacic, that other guy people are mentioning, and Sivo for the other wing. I think Niukore even filled in at centre, if we've got enough forward back-ups.

With Lussick gone, what we badly need to buy in is dummy half cover for when Reed has or needs a break - assuming we can't easily convert Stone, Smith, Cartwright or anyone else to do that job.

Gronk

Staff member
He was. At toongabbie I believe.
Yes, the dogs signed him age 14. Good on them for taking a chance, but you can’t blame clubs for passing on him.

As a teenager, Klemmer rebelled. He hung out with the wrong crowd and any chance of forging a career out of rugby league looked unlikely.

"I thought I was invincible," he says.

"I did stupid things. Things I'm embarrassed to talk about. I'm just lucky I had football. Because the people around me in that time of my life didn't. I could have been like them. I could have wasted my life just doing stupid things in Fairfield.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not convinced we need to buy a winger for next year to replace Fergo, when in between reserve grade and Sivo's injuries, the pair of them basically only covered one wing position this season.

Sivo might miss the first month of games if still recovering from surgeryetc, but we already have the options that did ok enough when needed this year... Dunster (now owns Fergo's spot), Penisini and Blake (own the centre spots) and choice of Russell, Perham, Opacic, that other guy people are mentioning, and Sivo for the other wing. I think Niukore even filled in at centre, if we've got enough forward back-ups.

With Lussick gone, what we badly need to buy in is dummy half cover for when Reed has or needs a break - assuming we can't easily convert Stone, Smith, Cartwright or anyone else to do that job.
Please ray stone shouldn't play hooker again we already went through enough torture on saturday night to go through that experience again.

Cut by Parramatta or poached by Peter O'Sullivan?
Cut by Parramatta as Tupou signed a 2 year 10k contract to play with Newtown - wasn't part of the Chooks NRL squad - due to a spate of injuries Tupou played 3 games at the end of 2012 for the Chooks - signed to a short extended bench contract to cover for injuries

Wasn't included in the Roosters squad for 2013- 1st pre-season training session Tautau Moga suffered his first ACL injury - Tupou was then signed to a minimum contract - impressed at training and in trials so started the year on the left wing in 2013 and basically the rest is history.

Played 22 games in 2010 and 2011 for Parramatta NYC so not one can say a regular in the side

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cut by Parramatta as Tupou signed a 2 year 10k contract to play with Newtown - wasn't part of the Chooks NRL squad - due to a spate of injuries Tupou played 3 games at the end of 2012 for the Chooks - signed to a short extended bench contract to cover for injuries

Wasn't included in the Roosters squad for 2013- 1st pre-season training session Tautau Moga suffered his first ACL injury - Tupou was then signed to a minimum contract - impressed at training and in trials so started the year on the left wing in 2013 and basically the rest is history.

Played 22 games in 2010 and 2011 for Parramatta NYC so not one can say a regular in the side

"The security of the new deal is something foreign to the Bulldogs junior, who couldn't make Canterbury's SG Ball squad.

"I was a Bulldogs fan growing up and it was always my dream to play for them," Tupou said. "But it didn't work out. I don't really know why, I suppose I just wasn't good enough."

Tupou received a lifeline from Parramatta but struggled to get a consistent chance on the wing in Toyota Cup during his two-year stint. O'Sullivan, however, liked what he saw from the limited exposure and offered a healthy deal to defect to Bondi.

Parramatta responded with just $15,000 a season, leaving Tupou with no choice but to pack his bags."

Always the same narrative. Cut-by-Parra or Parra-didn't-want-him when the truth is always Parra-didn't-offer-enough-money.

Latest posts