What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
you may be confusing him with his agent
No, he endorses what his agent says and does by not correcting him or firing him.
Ayoub would have to get Guths approval to play it out in the media the way he does and make Parra look bad by saying things like "he signed for unders last time" (when we all know he didn't).

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's the thing. In big games is Gutherson a game changer? No
Good reliable and solid. Had he nailed his pass against Penrith and not forward different story
To be fair, though - 9 times out of 10, those passes get let go.

And I think we are quick to forget how many game-changing moments he comes up with in defence - against Melbourne, he saved at least two tries in round 2, for instance.

TheRam

Coach
Gutho does bring 100% effort and is a great leader at training. Those qualities could be worth a lot to a struggling club.

If another club gave Gutho more then $800K then they are idiots and desperate. Therefore they would have a weak roster and Gutho would be going to a club that is going to probably get hammered most weekends. Which means Gutho's input will need to be even greater which would be impossible over a long stretch of time and his game will then start to suffer. He would get bashed a lot more since he relies on effort and not speed.

So basically what I am saying is that we should offer him a contract of $800K and no more and if there is another club that would say offer him $900K, then I would be stunned if he seriously threw away everything we offer him and his game to go to a crappier team. It would be suicide for a player like him and his career and happiness. I can't see it happening and if it did, then tough, we move on. We have a great junior coming through and I wouldn't let Gutho go till after the the 2022 season. Russell should be much stronger by then and be able to handle the NRL by then.

Gutho is a great player, but he is not really worth more then $700K as a player, but because of his stature in the game and he is the captain and leader of our team overall and the influence on the whole squad both on and off the field, I concede that an argument for that extra $100K can be made, but only just.

As for the extra years that he is demanding, I say no way or only if they are an option in our favour.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Whatever Gutho is getting now should be our offer plus CPI. 2 or 3 years seems reasonable. I cant see him getting any better or faster. I also would be surprised if another club offered him in excess of 700 to 750. He suits our team and I fear its more Gutho keeping players at Parra than Brthur.

emjaycee

Coach
If another club gave Gutho more then $800K then they are idiots and desperate. Therefore they would have a weak roster and Gutho would be going to a club that is going to probably get hammered most weekends. Which means Gutho's input will need to be even greater which would be impossible over a long stretch of time and his game will then start to suffer. He would get bashed a lot more since he relies on effort and not speed.

So basically what I am saying is that we should offer him a contract of $800K and no more and if there is another club that would say offer him $900K, then I would be stunned if he seriously threw away everything we offer him and his game to go to a crappier team. It would be suicide for a player like him and his career and happiness. I can't see it happening and if it did, then tough, we move on. We have a great junior coming through and I wouldn't let Gutho go till after the the 2022 season. Russell should be much stronger by then and be able to handle the NRL by then.

Gutho is a great player, but he is not really worth more then $700K as a player, but because of his stature in the game and he is the captain and leader of our team overall and the influence on the whole squad both on and off the field, I concede that an argument for that extra $100K can be made, but only just.

As for the extra years that he is demanding, I say no way or only if they are an option in our favour.
I havent seen any news on Gutho's contract except for a few months ago when the club announced it was putting negotiations on hold until after the season.

How much is he demanding and for how many years?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Too f**king many! They should all be club options. We should get to tell him each February whether he has a job that year, and how much he'll be getting paid. If Kidwell and Murphy can't get him to agree to that what did we even extend them for?!?

eels_fan

First Grade
I havent seen any news on Gutho's contract except for a few months ago when the club announced it was putting negotiations on hold until after the season.

How much is he demanding and for how many years?
Report during the week seemed to allude to a possible agreement on salary, but the club only offering an additional 2 years (end of 2024) but his manager wanting minimum 3, possibly 4 years added which would take Gutho to 32 years old

eels_fan

First Grade
I don’t understand the lack of announcements from the club. From what I can tell we are one of only a small handful of clubs that haven’t made a new signing or re-signing announcement since the competition finished.

Is our entire management team on holidays?

surely they’ve been able to extended one of the 8 players we have off contract by now.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Michael Chammas
@MichaelChammas

Isaiah Papali’i today rejected a 2 year extension ($425k a year) from the Eels. Informed club he is hitting open market Nov 1

Wests Tigers have signalled their intention to make offer up to $600K

Luciano Leilua’s manager asking Tigers for $700K+

————————————————————-

We’ve lost the plot.
Only $425k for the arguably our best player last year and NRL second rower of the year?

he’s worth at least $550-$600k and a 3 year deal.

if they f**k this up the next 4 weeks it closes our premiership window before the pre-season even starts

Incorrect

Coach
Michael Chammas
@MichaelChammas

Isaiah Papali’i today rejected a 2 year extension ($425k a year) from the Eels. Informed club he is hitting open market Nov 1

Wests Tigers have signalled their intention to make offer up to $600K

Luciano Leilua’s manager asking Tigers for $700K+

————————————————————-

We’ve lost the plot.
Only $425k for the arguably our best player last year and NRL second rower of the year?

he’s worth at least $550-$600k and a 3 year deal.

if they f**k this up the next 4 weeks it closes our premiership window before the pre-season even starts
Lol

The boy's love playing for BA....

Latest posts