What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Getting them by the Gallen..
latest

Eelogical

Referee
I hope they do, but it's a double edged sword scenario. Bellamy 'demands' excellence, and the results are there for all to see. Taking out the fact for a moment that it's the Storm in this case, the question has to be posed about player transfers beyond the upcoming season. I can't see one positive about it all under the current system. So what are the options? Cut the player free, and let the club commit elsewhere or hope that he sees out his contract with the same enthusiasm before he gave notice? Caving in will only attract others to do the same.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The positive is that the players, who want some certainty in their future employment, don't decide to just sign with the ESL or rugby union or whatever other non-NRL organisation is willing to poach our athletes.

Don't act like the NRL has all the power. The top players know that they are more valuable even than the clubs.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The positive is that the players, who want some certainty in their future employment, don't decide to just sign with the ESL or rugby union or whatever other non-NRL organisation is willing to poach our athletes.

Don't act like the NRL has all the power. The top players know that they are more valuable even than the clubs.
I reckon the NRL secretly love it. It keeps them in the papers and the news cycle churning.

If there was no contract negotiations for 2023 what would be in the news atm.

There wouldn't be enough news as most squads have 2022 roster complete.

Rugby league is the news everyday atm and we are less then 2 weeks out from the ashes where cricket normally has full coverage instead most talk is all about player contracts

Eelogical

Referee

If what I think is what you're saying is correct then they can all go and get f**ked.

Eelogical

Referee
I reckon the NRL secretly love it. It keeps them in the papers and the news cycle churning.

If there was no contract negotiations for 2023 what would be in the news atm.

There wouldn't be enough news as most squads have 2022 roster complete.

Rugby league is the news everyday atm and we are less then 2 weeks out from the ashes where cricket normally has full coverage instead most talk is all about player contracts
Can't people see that this is a bad thing? They say that any news is good news but I disagree. A reality check is in order for the NRL, clubs and players going forward.

The Predictor

Juniors
I think Paulo needs to f**k off, his always been a $$ man, and if he stays it means we had to pay through the nose, not worth it!!!! piss off Junior

King-Gutho94

Coach
Can't people see that this is a bad thing? They say that any news is good news but I disagree. A reality check is in order for the NRL, clubs and players going forward.
I agree its shithouse rules are stupid and hopefully this off season might force change.

Its a BS argument from the RLPA that players need 12 months if they need to uproot families and what not.

FMD they get paid shitload of money. A lot of people have to move states within a week and they arent on big money.

I am just saying i reckon the NRL wouldn't mind that this is keeping them in the news cycle as long its not an off field atrocity

Eelogical

Referee
I agree its shithouse rules are stupid and hopefully this off season might force change.

Its a BS argument from the RLPA that players need 12 months if they need to uproot families and what not.

FMD they get paid shitload of money. A lot of people have to move states within a week and they arent on big money.

I am just saying i reckon the NRL wouldn't mind that this is keeping them in the news cycle as long its not an off field atrocity
Fair enough.

Latest posts