What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
You would think we are only after one winger. Who do we prefer, Simonson or Lumulume? Both can do a job for us and know how to score a try.
Why not both? Dunster is unsigned and Sivo has an option. I like Dunster but if he gets a Niukore contract, I wouldn’t begrudge him taking it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is 23 with four NRL wins under his belt. He would be on minimum salary at the Storm, and that is what he is worth. They could replace him with a better junior at same cost if the kid had some loyalty (or just wanted to stay in Melbourne).

It’s very easy for Reed to politely decline the Bulldogs offer for a public feed and do things behind closed doors.
For mine it was a slap in the face for BA, his eels teammates and fans.
Personally i’m fine we didn’t cough up 600k for him. 2021 was by far his best season , and it was one he still didn’t finish . People forget we have one of the best go forward packs in the game . Whilst Reed is a player on the up he was only in origin contention because the only other real options for QLD were an injured harry grant or Ben hunt who had played 7 all season . They ended up over looking him for those 2 options too.
Losing Reed isn’t all doom and gloom but his disrespect for the club during negotiations showed . I’m happy to keep Marata and Papali’i around as they took options that were best for their family and did things the right way. The little muppet spat in the clubs face and i’d honestly treat him as such during the season . Would be finding game time for a kid we had coming though and telling Reed to man up and push through his numerous every season injuries.

I think many interpreted him crying against the Rabbits after re-doing his shoulder as he felt he was letting the club down and felt for him. Seems like he felt sad for himself . Send him on his way ! He could seriously derail 2022 for us.

Soto

Bench
Lumelume is a weapon and very quick. Be a great pick up. He's got that quick acceleration which we have been lacking for a while. Him and Simonsson are big Yes's for me. That would drastically improve our wing stocks and have healthy competition between Haze, Hayze, Sean Russell, Sam Loizou and Bailey Simonsson and Isaac Lumelume..
It's very exciting

lucablight

First Grade
Lumelume is a weapon and very quick. Be a great pick up. He's got that quick acceleration which we have been lacking for a while. Him and Simonsson are big Yes's for me. That would drastically improve our wing stocks and have healthy competition between Haze, Hayze, Sean Russell, Sam Loizou and Bailey Simonsson and Isaac Lumelume..
It's very exciting
Brad Arthur will turn him into an almost origin player like he has with all our other players. No team will be able to boast about having as many almost origin players as us.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah. Whether we like it or not, Mahoney chose to leave because of $$$.

People can spin it anyway they like and try and make it about BA, or chasing the collision or being held back from playing his natural style or whatever they like, but money talks and players walk... it's that simple.

Yes and that's all. An extra 100k a season so took off. We maybe could of matched it I am sure, but didn't think he was worth it. I don't think he is either. He just hasn't played at elite level for a long enough time. Will always be a small body athletically gifted like others. He will have a ceiling due to this.

crocodile

Bench
Yes and that's all. An extra 100k a season so took off. We maybe could of matched it I am sure, but didn't think he was worth it. I don't think he is either. He just hasn't played at elite level for a long enough time. Will always be a small body athletically gifted like others. He will have a ceiling due to this.
It doesn't matter now. I'm no longer bothered by Reed's departure. Sad but not the end of the world. Some say he's in the top four hookers in the comp. He may well be but there's a large gap between 1 and 4. We offered him what he was worth plus a bit. That's the way it should be.

eels_fan

First Grade
I do find it strange it’s not formally announced by the Dogs or Parra, given it’s now a week since Reed informed the club.

Part of me hopes the NRL has told the Dogs they can’t lodge it as they are clearly well over the cap for 2023 and just thought they could use the next 12 months to try and offload people.

if the deal falls through, I hope someone at the club is man enough to tell his manager to get f**ked when he comes back for another offer

84 Baby

Referee
I do find it strange it’s not formally announced by the Dogs or Parra, given it’s now a week since Reed informed the club.

Part of me hopes the NRL has told the Dogs they can’t lodge it as they are clearly well over the cap for 2023 and just thought they could use the next 12 months to try and offload people.

if the deal falls through, I hope someone at the club is man enough to tell his manager to get f**ked when he comes back for another offer
I’d certainly be offering him a revised offer if that happened

Latest posts