What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
The Chase the Collision is required as it lays the foundation, It's how we beat the crap teams.

However, against the top 4, we are close to them in that aspect or equal. What we then don't have is that little magic or set move or whatever, that can put us on top of the top 4.

And that is what I think BA can't provide and we need some other source of coaching. Maybe Ennis can provide that.

Is there a strategist out there like Brian Smith who can work out weaknesses of opposing teams?

So BA provides the foundations... and the strategist will provide where we attack the opposition weaknesses.

One thing that really baffles me is that, we see opposition players injured and stay on the field, but we never attack that player, we actually move the ball away from them.

If we see an injured player on TV, doesn't the coaching staff?

I recall Tahu mentioning that if he sees his opposite number tired or being lazy or slightly injured, he would call for the ball his way to attack him. We don't do this.

TheRam

Coach
They other thing that we chatted about briefly was that spirits are very high as are expectations for this season. They also said Penisi is a genuine superstar in waiting. Expectations are he will explode this season.

Thanks scoop. That's like saying Parra are losing a few star players for 2023. We all know it already.

Just busting your plumbs mate. Thanks for the info, but really you should have asked the follow up question in regards to Mahoney. My curiosity would have made me blurt out the question before I even knew I was asking it ffs!

Angry_eel

First Grade
One thing that really baffles me is that, we see opposition players injured and stay on the field, but we never attack that player, we actually move the ball away from them.

If we see an injured player on TV, doesn't the coaching staff?

I recall Tahu mentioning that if he sees his opposite number tired or being lazy or slightly injured, he would call for the ball his way to attack him. We don't do this.
Maybe Parra players aren't following instructions. At the end of the day, if you're going to attack an injured opposition player, you're going to also get beaten the next set.

Even the Storm didn't belt Cronk in the grand final where he played with the broken shoulder.

TheRam

Coach
I have heard the same about Junior and Sims but totally the opposite regarding Rheed not wanting to stay.
In fact 48 hours before he was announced as joining the Dogs, I was told his preference was to stay at Parra.
My source on the Rheed issue is pretty reliable, unless Rheed was lying directly to my face.

I don't think a current player would feel comfortable telling a fan that he was wanting to sign with a rival Sydney club mate. It just wouldn't be the prudent thing to say. You would tell all non essential or non confidants that your preference and leaning is with your current club and that things are looking good to stay. Then when you signed with the rival you would state that they came in with an offer that was just to good to refuse.

I know that's how I would play it. No one wants to look like a merkin.

84 Baby

Referee
Sims in discussions with quite a few clubs per my source. Unlikely to move next season unless Dragons suggest it.

IFR33K

Coach
Read on Facebook we’re getting sims for 2022.

not sure if it’s true, but if it is, how do u sign two veterans, sims and Nrown and lose papa.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Read on Facebook we’re getting sims for 2022.

not sure if it’s true, but if it is, how do u sign two veterans, sims and Nrown and lose papa.
If that's true that would indicate one of Marata or Paps are going early. We don't need Sims in 2022 as things stand.

Incorrect

Coach
If there's one word I would use to describe the Sims brothers, it would be "underwhelming".... For every "coming of age" or "breakout" performance you get from Tariq, he's pretty average for a dozen or so other games IMO

IFR33K

Coach
If that's true that would indicate one of Marata or Paps are going early. We don't need Sims in 2022 as things stand.

This certainly is a possibility. But we’ve heard all departing players have pledged their commitment to 22 in eels colours and attempt to break the drought. Also, I’d say it would cost us more to bring in sims and release one of our departing forwards early. Do we have cap the space?