What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
Paulo and Mahoney are two key attacking players for us in the middle but I also found them to be weak points in defence, from a tackles/minute perspective. Carrying them puts extra pressure on the rest of our defence.
Thank goodness we will be rid of those nuffies soon.

lucablight

First Grade
Everyone is replaceable. Their cap space can be reused. Don't get too attached.
What’s your definition of replaceable? If you mean we’ll find another player to fill the roster then that goes without saying. If you think you can let any player walk away and be just as strong then I think you’re wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What’s your definition of replaceable? If you mean we’ll find another player to fill the roster then that goes without saying. If you think you can let any player walk away and be just as strong then I think you’re wrong.
Letting players on unders go means you're unlikely to get as much value from the freed up cap space but letting go of highly paid players who provide little value for cost means you're at least a chance of getting better value from the replacement(s).

chiefy1

Juniors
A lot of the people you refer to are leaving in 2 seasons time. If you look at, say our 2019 squad (just those who got on the field in first grade) and see who was gone by 2021, you'd see the following players: Ma'u, Evans, Alvaro, Jennings, Jennings, Tepai, Salmon, Taka, Terepo, Gower, Parry, Hoffman.

The difference is that they were nearly all Eels decisions to let them go. This time its different and it's the cream of the crop. We're not going to buy ourselves out of this. The dolphins have an open chequebook and will sign the top players. Also, the development groundwork just isn't there. Not looking great for 23 onwards. I'll be surprised if we're still in the 8. Very surprised
There's absolutely no doubt that we're going to be seller dwellers for a few seasons.
Don't believe Arthur saying that the eels haven't been in a better position, that's all bs
2022 7th or 8th
2023 miss 8

Last edited:
The difference is that they were nearly all Eels decisions to let them go. This time its different and it's the cream of the crop. We're not going to buy ourselves out of this. The dolphins have an open chequebook and will sign the top players. Also, the development groundwork just isn't there. Not looking great for 23 onwards. I'll be surprised if we're still in the 8. Very surprised
There's absolutely no doubt that we're going to be seller dwellers for a few seasons.
Don't believe Arthur saying that the eels haven't been in a better position, that's all bs
2022 7th or 8th
2023 13th

So you know who we're going to sign right now? The Dophins have not been uber successful in signing top players thus far. But, let's say they do sign several good players. Do you think that's going to: a) strengthen, or b) weaken, the other teams in the comp (the teams that we have to compete against for all but 2 weeks of the year)?

It takes an extraordinary amount of self-confidence to decide that 'there's absolutley no doubt' that we'll be 'seller' (sic) 'dwellers' for a few seasons. Better re-mortgage your house and ring your bookie. You might end out being right, but of course this could happen without losing any of our current 'stars' (e.g Mahoney continues his downward spiral with injury and plays 5 games in 2023, we finally find why Isiah is really called 'Ice', Will Smith keeps being Will Smith).

chiefy1

Juniors
So you know who we're going to sign right now? The Dophins have not been uber successful in signing top players thus far. But, let's say they do sign several good players. Do you think that's going to: a) strengthen, or b) weaken, the other teams in the comp (the teams that we have to compete against for all but 2 weeks of the year)?

It takes an extraordinary amount of self-confidence to decide that 'there's absolutley no doubt' that we'll be 'seller' (sic) 'dwellers' for a few seasons. Better re-mortgage your house and ring your bookie. You might end out being right, but of course this could happen without losing any of our current 'stars' (e.g Mahoney continues his downward spiral with injury and plays 5 games in 2023, we finally find why Isiah is really called 'Ice', Will Smith keeps being Will Smith).

Jesh I wish I could bet on missing the 8 in 23. How abouts I bet with you ? The only way out of this is that if a few development players surprise everyone and come through to more than fill the losses. It could happen but I don't know which players look likely atm.

Jesh I wish I could bet on missing the 8 in 23. How abouts I bet with you ? The only way out of this is that if a few development players surprise everyone and come through to more than fill the losses. It could happen but I don't know which players look likely atm.

Sure. Even money? For a six pack?

forward pass

Coach
2022 7th or 8th
2023 miss 8
How do the Dolphins have an open chequebook? They have the same salary cap as every other side.

Gronk

Staff member
Braith, who is now a registered player agent, thinks it’s bonkers that we put a ceiling of $800k for any player. Well, that’s what he heard anyway.

“I’ve got my accreditation as a player agent and I did hear they’ve got a system where they just don’t pay a certain amount for a certain player, there’s no kind of budging on that,” Anasta said.

Avenger

Immortal
Braith, who is now a registered player agent, thinks it’s bonkers that we put a ceiling of $800k for any player. Well, that’s what he heard anyway.

“I’ve got my accreditation as a player agent and I did hear they’ve got a system where they just don’t pay a certain amount for a certain player, there’s no kind of budging on that,” Anasta said.

Moses is on more than $800k.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

who at the Eels is worth north of $800K ??

we don't really have an x-factor that is worth that much, so stfu Bwaith

Latest posts