What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Depends if junior recruiters are focusing on that position.
You’d have to think all junior recruiters are focusing on spine positions??? Considering how easy it is a apparently to just put a few kids on your system and hey presto!! Very exciting players!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn't Tom Brady go in the 6th round?

Yes.
Russel Wilson and Nick Foles went in the 3rd and won Bowls.

I think league is maybe easier then NFL to pick based on less players and it's a simpler game.
There are also juniors who are probably hyped up by us fans who coaching staff do no rate long term and vice versa.

What we do not see is how they train and attitude. Along with how they have progressed in the gym. I doubt guys are just signed these days. Most juniors would be watched and measured on what they do in gym. Strength and all. Fitness,mobility and all this can be worked out before they even lace up a boot. Some guys just do not have enough physical attributes to ever make it in the NRL. While others just don't have the heart.

Avenger

Immortal
Ha!! Mr Passive aggressive big noting flip flopper. Adrian might be a miserable merkin like me but at least I stick by my opinion. Not like some school girl who changes their opinions more than their jocks.

Getting upset because I’ve said relying on 18 yr olds who have proven and done nothing is fraught with danger. Just replacing good spine players is so easy have how we done replacing Sterlo?? I mean just get some young kids in your system should be easy hey??
You’re the one getting upset. I’m actually quite chilled. I just had a workout in my home gym and I look and feel fantastic.

You come across as fat and lazy, void of any originality just the usual boring rhetoric.

I hope I’m coming across as direct. I can’t stand passive aggression.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Boys boys boys! Let's direct our anger towards the bloated grey narcissist Gould for not even giving our club the courtesy of announcing that Rheed is leaving before he blabbed about the 4 year deal on twitter today. What a merkin.

Avenger

Immortal
Boys boys boys! Let's direct our anger towards the bloated grey narcissist Gould for not even giving our club the courtesy of announcing that Rheed is leaving before he blabbed about the 4 year deal on twitter today. What a merkin.
Hasn’t he quit Twitter before?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’d have to think all junior recruiters are focusing on spine positions??? Considering how easy it is a apparently to just put a few kids on your system and hey presto!! Very exciting players!!
They recruit better if they're offering a pathway to first grade. The Chooks sign 17 year olds on four year contracts with the final two years in the top 30 ffs. Kids that have never even played Flegg.

Also free use of a beachside apartment and a car. They're never too young for TPAs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes.
Russel Wilson and Nick Foles went in the 3rd and won Bowls.

I think league is maybe easier then NFL to pick based on less players and it's a simpler game.
There are also juniors who are probably hyped up by us fans who coaching staff do no rate long term and vice versa.

What we do not see is how they train and attitude. Along with how they have progressed in the gym. I doubt guys are just signed these days. Most juniors would be watched and measured on what they do in gym. Strength and all. Fitness,mobility and all this can be worked out before they even lace up a boot. Some guys just do not have enough physical attributes to ever make it in the NRL. While others just don't have the heart.
Spot on. One common cause of youngsters not making it, even if they have talent and a good attitude, is that their bodies don't respond to heavy weight training quickly enough. They start the full time programs and get left behind by their peers. Some dudes can't keep weight on, others can't gain weight without losing mobility. A lot of them just aren't physically ready until their early or mid-20s. By then real life has taken over and most of them have focused on something more reliable than a shot at professional sports. Gower said this could've happened to him but he was stupid enough to stick with it until his body matured to the point where he could keep the weight on. Nobody wants a 190cm forward who only weighs 95kg except maybe the AFL.

Latest posts