What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
If his signing is anything more than a year with an option in our favour BA has lost the plot. Didn’t he learn with Watmough?
Maybe we have contacts at DFAT and we can revoke his visa at any time.

Soto

Bench
Parramatta are set to sign Josh Hodgson on a two-year deal to replace Reed Mahoney, while fellow Raider Bailey Simonsson will join the Eels immediately.

Simonsson has accepted a three-year deal to return to Sydney, which looks set to pave the way for Nick Cotric to return home to the nation’s capital

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't mind the Hodgson signing.

He's a little old, in terms of football, but he's experienced, and is a quality player.

Plus his signing likely means we will be looking for Josh to mentor our young hookers coming through.

Though I do see why people are upset - losing a 23-year old, and signing a 33-year old, seems a bit weird, on paper.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

He's a little old, in terms of football, but he's experienced, and is a quality player.

Plus his signing likely means we will be looking for Josh to mentor our young hookers coming through.

Though I do see why people are upset - losing a 23-year old, and signing a 33-year old, seems a bit weird, on paper.
It seems a bit weird reading on my phone as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

We have plenty of young blokes already and f**k all veterans.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, going back a fair while, this is how the news that Parra was signing Steve Edge as greeted by some.

Should adopt a wait and see on this signing, if Hands and others are good enough, we have experience to guide them.

Depends what we paid. He has had 2 season ending knee injuries in the last 4 or 5 seasons hasn't he? I would prefer Verrils.
You have to ask yourself why Canberra where so keen to offload him. He was their best player for 3 or 4yrs in a row. That is my concern.

Simonsson for 3 yrs… hmmm don’t know what to make of this signing. I can’t see the potential to be anything other then an very average player so between Sivo, Dunster, Russell, Naiduki and even Perham what’s the point of bringing him over? I understand that Sivo’s form post injury will be an unknown but if we need to replace him solid young wingers are falling off trees.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Depends what we paid. He has had 2 season ending knee injuries in the last 4 or 5 seasons hasn't he? I would prefer Verrils.
You have to ask yourself why Canberra where so keen to offload him. He was their best player for 3 or 4yrs in a row. That is my concern.
Are they keen to offload him? He's stuck there until the end of next year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Simonsson for 3 yrs… hmmm don’t know what to make of this signing. I can’t see the potential to be anything other then an very average player so between Sivo, Dunster, Russell, Naiduki and even Perham what’s the point of bringing him over? I understand that Sivo’s form post injury will be an unknown but if we need to replace him solid young wingers are falling off trees.

I haven't seen a lot of him so can't judge. To offer him 3yrs we must think he has untapped potential. Canberra willing to pay some suggests they are happy to move him on so who knows. They obviously rate Cotric as better. However he may just want to return to Sydney?

Perham,Dunster,Sivo I see all as ok players but not stars. None would ever push for lets say a NSW spot or even the tier just below imo. Maybe Simonsson can get closer to that level.

Eelogical

Referee
Cheers. Thanks. I wonder if theres concern Rheeds confidence could suffer similarly.
I went for my last doctors appointment this week regarding my dislocated shoulder and subsequent surgery from February this year. While I'm a 60+ yo person, they were astonished at how well I had recovered within 10 months, but we both acknowledged that it would never be 100%. I feel that my shoulder is at about 90% including physio and following a daily exercise schedule as set out by the hospital. I'm not for one moment comparing my pleb recovery to what medical facilities Mahoney has access to, but they did allude me to the fact that the younger a person dislocates their shoulder, the more likely it will occur again (around 20 yo being that magic number). That surprised be as I would have bet that it was the other way around.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yet we only offered Mahoney and Papa 2, lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I haven't seen a lot of him so can't judge. To offer him 3yrs we must think he has untapped potential. Canberra willing to pay some suggests they are happy to move him on so who knows. They obviously rate Cotric as better. However he may just want to return to Sydney?

Perham,Dunster,Sivo I see all as ok players but not stars. None would ever push for lets say a NSW spot or even the tier just below imo. Maybe Simonsson can get closer to that level.
If they're paying him to leave it's obviously not him pushing for a release. Most likely is they need the cap space to sign Cotric, who is a better player. But that's not a knock on Simonsson. Cotric is one of the best wingers in the game.