What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Smith had game plans. He targeted the weakness of the opposition. He was astute, comprehensive and a great reader of the game.
He got the best out of his teams and a real shame none of his 4 GF appearances resulted in a win. ( 2 with Saints and 1 with us and 1 with the Roosters)
He probably lost the dressing rooms after the GF losses. I do know from an ex player he could be too intense and it became draining.
Best intentions and very crafty. Very different style of coach to BA. Definitely a great football mind

King-Gutho94

Coach
Smith had game plans. He targeted the weakness of the opposition. He was astute, comprehensive and a great reader of the game.
He got the best out of his teams and a real shame none of his 4 GF appearances resulted in a win. ( 2 with Saints and 1 with us and 1 with the Roosters)
He probably lost the dressing rooms after the GF losses. I do know from an ex player he could be too intense and it became draining.
Best intentions and very crafty. Very different style of coach to BA. Definitely a great football mind
If brian smith didn't muck with players minds with stupid mind games via text messages he would have been the perfect coach.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you could chose one of the guys we let go next season to remain who would it be?

Kafusi, Stone for me are not real losses. Wont make a difference.

Papali'i, Marata and Mahoney however will.

I think I'd lean to Papali'i. He has returned to form and running like a bull.
Marata has been injured but was great his only game he played.
Mahoneys been ok. But in 10 games and part of the spine I feel like only one game he was in our best 3 on field. I'm starting to think he is just an good solid player. Unsure. Not playing at the same level of last season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you could chose one of the guys we let go next season to remain who would it be?

Mahoneys been ok. But in 10 games and part of the spine I feel like only one game he was in our best 3 on field. I'm starting to think he is just an good solid player. Unsure. Not playing at the same level of last season.
We are also doing less crash ball shit under the posts so he isn't getting the LBAs.

hindy111

Post Whore
We are also doing less crash ball shit under the posts so he isn't getting the LBAs.

We aren't doing them cause sides are aware of them. Plus they only work if the defense is slightly scattered.

I just have watched Reed closely. Being a small body I don't find his tackles dominant and get pushed back. He barely can run from dummy half. His kick games gone off the boil.
There was a game a few weeks ago he played great. I thought yes he is back and getting into form. But then nothing. Plays ok when the sides f,lyng but does he lift the side when we are down like Moses or Dylan can?

He does have crisp passes and smart blind side raids. But last season he was compared to Harry Grant. Right now I wouldn't use their names in the same sentence.

Noise

Coach

Papalii for sure. Then Niukore.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think we haven't seen the best of marata. He's still quite young.

I would've like to have kept marata, paps and jnr

RCG I do like but he can't offload like jnr

Matto I also do like but I think once he's signed he'll plod again

Kaufusi last year in games were running off the back fence and I thought wow.

But since he's signed up, he's plodding

strider

Post Whore

Of course Papali .... but the whole salary thing is clearly an issue.

Tho i think Mahoney's long term leadership is a considerable loss. The thing is, dummy halves are replaceable these days cos they have largely turned into tackling ball shovellers.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the Kidwell departure is a positive thing for all concerned. He's done a decent job, but we need a change in this area. For whatever reason our defence has gone backwards in some aspects this season, and many areas have actually been poor. I couldn't see it improving without a change.