What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
My concern with having Matto start in place of Nrown is 2-fold.
We (all of us merkins) have been complaining for ages about the loss of impact when Pawlo and Reg go off and the likes of Kaufusi, Makatoa, Alvaro, Evans, etc. have come on.
For the last few weeks, Matterson has been that impact player and by coming on into the middle, he has given us the impetus to keep some aggression and up-tempo footy going for longer. If you are all adamant that Nrown is just a plodder, then we are going to lost the impact we have been longing for from our bench when Paulo and RCG go off, because Matterson wont be fresh like he is when he replaces Nrown.

strider

Post Whore
We (all of us merkins) have been complaining for ages about the loss of impact when Pawlo and Reg go off and the likes of Kaufusi, Makatoa, Alvaro, Evans, etc. have come on.
For the last few weeks, Matterson has been that impact player and by coming on into the middle, he has given us the impetus to keep some aggression and up-tempo footy going for longer. If you are all adamant that Nrown is just a plodder, then we are going to lost the impact we have been longing for from our bench when Paulo and RCG go off, because Matterson wont be fresh like he is when he replaces Nrown.
agree ..... now where is the 2nd fold?

I will still be interested to see how it goes ..... maybe Nrown will fire up like the good old days

IFR33K

Coach

enter, Marata.

I don't get why we're so on or off. We don't seem to stagger the strength over the 80 minutes. Given how weak our replacement middles have been I don't know why we don't minimise the time RCG and Barlow are both off.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't get why we're so on or off. We don't seem to stagger the strength over the 80 minutes. Given how weak our replacement middles have been I don't know why we don't minimise the time RCG and Barlow are both off.
The plan might be to play Matto in the middle for the whole 80 and use Nrown off the bench when Reg or Jnr come off? Not sure how Matto will go doing 80 in the middle though. Of late he has been doing about 30 or so in the middle and then the last 15-20 out wide.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This could be good for Nrown as well though, not having to share carries with RCG and Tony Barlow.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That whole idea of starting strong and fatiguing the opposition as quickly as possible. The downside is you get a period either side of halftime without the guns.

Soto

Bench
Energy levels of the team should go up when Nrown and Marata go on.
Its almost like one day cricket for us when RCG and Jnr go off we lose intensity just like the one dayer does in those middle overs.
We always have the option of Marata playing back row and Lane or Papalii moving into the front row which probably gives better balance.
Marata back is a big in for us.
I'd suggest Nrown is as much a tactical ploy as it is hey fire up and ur team mates too.
I'd still have Cartwright on the bench instead of Kaufusi or Makatoa until we go full out assault with Greig and Rodwell later in the year.
Bench of Marata, Nrown, Greig and Rodwell would give us the size, power, aggression and good blend of experience and youth to make it a very formidable bench..

Latest posts