What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which player has never been bagged?

It’s because he kills us on 4th tackle. Instead of going out wide in the opposition 20, he takes a basic hit up. Tactics are the reason he’s bagged.
That's because the kick is the most important part of the set, and the position of the play-the-ball is a big part of the kick's success.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because or coaching or resources?
Well given it happens so rarely you'd have to say it's just down to luck. We are the fourth ranked team in the NRL for points scored. No coincidence that we are also top four for controlling the ball. We score so much because we build pressure. On the flip side, when the opposition builds pressure we concede. But 20 minutes without the ball is just a freak occurrence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Was it really 20 mins without the ball? Sure they had a run but 20 mins? Cmon man. The fact is that our defence is not the best. It’s the second worst or worst out of the top 8. If our defence is half decent we would not have been in that position against the Broncos. But defence is attitude and our team is so inconsistent this year from game to game and within the game. If we had turned up against the broncos like how did against the Panthers and Storm, we win. Why can’t we do that m? Why is our defence the worst in the top 8? The answers to those questions is why we lost to the Broncos
Our defence is the worst in the top eight when measured over 20 games, of which the Broncos game is only one. The reason it is so average is due to our personnel. We have a lot of good attacking forwards and not many good defenders. This is why we concede so easily against sustained possession.

Gronk

Staff member
Who knows. It would be a possible explanation for the big Jake push in the pre season.
Dyl is our best player. Nobody would be silly enough to let him walk surely.
That Reading the Play guy just makes things up.

You only have to read below his tweet to understand that people don’t really take him seriously - ever.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
That Reading the Play guy just makes things up.

You only have to read below his tweet to understand that people don’t really take him seriously - ever.

Gerard Condon is his name.

He is a bit of egomaniac bit I will say 75% of his mail correct.

Not saying what he posted there is correct but he does get a lot of good oil being an ex assistant coach.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gerard Condon is his name.

He is a bit of egomaniac bit I will say 75% of his mail correct.

Not saying what he posted there is correct but he does get a lot of good oil being an ex assistant coach.
I use to listen to him on the wireless. Yeah he had some good inside mail at times.

Ricky was pretty weak walking out on parra when he did.

But it's not like I hold a grudge 😉.
The weakest bit was saying he had to do it for his daughter but he's big enough to take the blame. If he was big enough to take the blame then why tell us that?
Also I hate these merkins that act like f**kwits and try to pass off their f**kwit acts as passion. That doesn't wash several decades down the line.