What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I've seen us come 2nd twice and it provided Zero sense of achievement or satisfaction...

Obviously nobody likes losing the GF. And it's not much different to coming 3rd. But i enjoyed those years a f**k of a lot more than ones where we missed the 8, came last, and never had a credible chance. I can't speak for anyone else, but I enjoy the footy a lot more when my team has a decent chance of winning most weekends. If that makes no difference to there other people, I pity them.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ffs Ivor. I was there and you didnt even bother to say hi! Snob. 😁
I remember a game at Cumberland many years ago, our Eels V St George. The guys in white with the red V looked f'n huge. The ground announcer advised that Gaznier was out. Langlands to center and Billy Smith to fullback. We all cheered. Gotta be a great chance now. To this day, Billy Smiths performance at Fullback was one of the greatest displays Ive ever seen. He tore us to shreds. A very underrated player. I got his autograph after the game. What a team.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Obviously nobody likes losing the GF. And it's not much different to coming 3rd. But i enjoyed those years a f**k of a lot more than ones where we missed the 8, came last, and never had a credible chance. I can't speak for anyone else, but I enjoy the footy a lot more when my team has a decent chance of winning most weekends. If that makes no difference to there other people, I pity them.
I completely agree here. I remember watching our spoon years ten or so years ago and forcing myself to watch every single game, telling myself when we’re competitive again, it’ll be more enjoyable/worth it.

Of course I want us to end the drought, but if you’re not enjoying being more than competitive and being in with a shot to win it every week, it must be the absolute pits.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I completely agree here. I remember watching our spoon years ten or so years ago and forcing myself to watch every single game, telling myself when we’re competitive again, it’ll be more enjoyable/worth it.

Of course I want us to end the drought, but if you’re not enjoying being more than competitive and being in with a shot to win it every week, it must be the absolute pits.
Yeah no doubt its 100x better then the 2011-2013 where every win was a struggle on top of off field dramas. b

But there have been some absolute bludger performances this year.

You can cop 1 maybe 2 horror games a season but we have dished up 4-5 and frustration is bubbling as it looks like another season of promise is slowly sinking towards a painful finish yet again.

King-Gutho94

Coach
View attachment 65032

Saw this graphic on twitter, so not idea of its accuracy. It was in relation to Ponga. Certainly gives some food for thought in terms of value for money and who’s overpaid and who isn’t.
I assume that's starting from around start of 2020.

Gutho has only missed one game since his ACL return in 2018.

And has played 113 from a possible 114 since.

The game he missed was when BA rested the side in the last round last year.

parra pete

Referee
My first was Parramatta v St George at Cumberland Oval, 1964. I was 9 yrs old.
I think you mean 1962 ...Parra didn't play St George at Cumberland 63,64, or 65...I was at the 62 match and remember it so clearly. Parra won 19-8 with Peter Matson landing 5 goals. It was a Cumberland Oval record crowd at the time, almost 19000 in attendance.....PACKED TO THE RAFTERS, all coming to see Kenny Thornett - "I have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord".
We (me and my mates) finished our game in Auburn, ands drove over for the match - hoping we would be able to get in. Parra won the game to extend its unbeaten run to 8, which it increased to nine before The Mayor returned to Leeds to finish his contract. After he left, the team didn't win another game for the season - losing the last four in the home and away series, before going down to Wests 6-0 in the first semi final - the Club's first appearance in the premiership deciders...
Ken Thornett --WHAT A PLAYER - imo best ever to wear the Blue and Gold..(We were there weren't we brothers, we were there).