What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting to see how this Murchie goes...we did pretty well with our last edge forward signing from the Warriors on a two year deal.

He was blocked for a game at the Raiders with both Wighton and Bateman still there, and Hudson Young coming through. As we've seen with the Warriors, their players could be anything in a different system.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interesting to see how this Murchie goes...we did pretty well with our last edge forward signing from the Warriors on a two year deal.
Last time we had a swap of forwards with the warriors was Kane Evans & Papali'i.

Evans was paid probably double what Papali'i was on in 2021 and it wasnt even close in terms of performance.

I can't see Marata having a Kane Evans like Meltdown season.

But history proves a lot players struggle once they go to the Warriors. Marata just has to rip in like he did for us he was a great citizen for this club did every job that was asked of him.

Chipmunk

Coach
Last time we had a swap of forwards with the warriors was Kane Evans & Papali'i.

Evans was paid probably double what Papali'i was on in 2021 and it wasnt even close in terms of performance.

I can't see Marata having a Kane Evans like Meltdown season.

But history proves a lot players struggle once they go to the Warriors. Marata just has to rip in like he did for us he was a great citizen for this club did every job that was asked of him.
Marata is probably being paid twice what Evans was though, reportedly $650k for 4 years for Marata. As Kerry Packer said, you only get one Alan Bond come along once in your lifetime! I think there is far too much expectations on him to live up to that sort of money, as decent a player he was for us.

Murchie would be on around the same or possibly even less than Papali'i.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Great news. Russell, Arthur and Lane are good re-signings. Arthur and Russell still have plenty of improvement in them. As I said Murchie and Hopgood are going to be top signings for 2023 both young and hungry for first grade. I've watched a couple of warriors games and Murchie has a knack for running a really hard line at speed and scoring tries. Hopefully, we see plenty of those in 2023.

Gronk

Staff member

He was blocked for a game at the Raiders with both Wighton and Bateman still there, and Hudson Young coming through. As we've seen with the Warriors, their players could be anything in a different system.
Looks like he chose us over Dragons.