What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Video of Murchie getting a meat pie. Not bad.

I think this one is better, particularly the defender he beats.

I like the lines he runs from both tries though. Running in between players, rather than just run straight at merkins like his predecessor did. I think he would be a handy player in a decent team. There is definitely a spot there for him on the right edge if he's good enough.

Chipmunk

Coach
Key signings lol!!

hilarious, key signing for he Nepo gnome.

Next we’ll see little little Matty fast tracked nothing surer. Good news on Lane and Russell.
I'm interested to see what the plan is for Russell now. He never got a look in again after scoring a hat trick in Round 1 and then getting injured, but he was still available for 2/3rds of the season.

Soto

Bench
I'm interested to see what the plan is for Russell now. He never got a look in again after scoring a hat trick in Round 1 and then getting injured, but he was still available for 2/3rds of the season.
I'm sure BA will look after him. Has come through the jnr ranks with JA. I actually like Russell. Good turn of speed, will only get bigger and stronger next yr and can fill in at fullback, wing or centre

SneakyEel

Juniors
So with Hodgson, Hopgood and Murchie to replace Mahoney, Niukore and Papali'i, that leaves us with just Kaufusi, Opacic, and Stone to replace.
I can already tell you with high confidence who replaces Stone, Kaufusi and Opacic. Momesiea replaces Stone, Taupau replaces Kaufusi and Scott replaces Opacic.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Imagine the outcry if another club got under our guard and got him.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

I’m sure the fanbase would be Devo’d.

Chipmunk

Coach
I can already tell you with high confidence who replaces Stone, Kaufusi and Opacic. Momesiea replaces Stone, Taupau replaces Kaufusi and Scott replaces Opacic.
I think Taupau would be an ideal replacement for Kaufusi.

Scott has potential, we shall see what goes down there.

Stone didn't play all year and is probably considered player 17-20 in any case, so we probably have that covered with the guy you mentioned and the players who are still here.

Soto

Bench
So with Hodgson, Hopgood and Murchie to replace Mahoney, Niukore and Papali'i, that leaves us with just Kaufusi, Opacic, and Stone to replace.

I'd still consider someone like Taupau for Kaufusi.
A combo of the below. For the right money wouldn't be against Klem or Taupau either.
Rodwell, Ogden, Wiremu, Makatoa
Russell, Waqa, Cini, Simonsson,
Hands, Yates, Cartwright and JA

Chipmunk

Coach
A combo of the below. For the right money wouldn't be against Klem or Taupau either.
Rodwell, Ogden, Wiremu, Makatoa
Russell, Waqa, Cini, Simonsson,
Hands, Yates, Cartwright and JA
Well those combo's are already here, and we have 4-5 spots to fill.

I think Klemmer would probably cost too much, unless you're going to give him around 50 minutes a week, which he might struggle to get with RCG, Paulo, Matterson, and Hopgood all probably playing long minutes, so he probably doesn't offer value. If we played Klemmer for 50 minutes, that only leaves 190 minutes for all of those 4. Although all 5 playing an average of 48 minutes each would surely be beneficial for us (with Matterson probably starting on the Right Edge, but Murchie coming on after 20 minutes and Matterson moving to the middle).

I think Taupau to play 30 minutes either side of half time, for probably half the cost of Klemmer, probably provides the value we need. That gives 210 minutes for the other 4, with again I can see Matterson playing both Right Edge and in the middle next season.