What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
You wouldn't really know as NSW cup doesn't really get broadcast too much these days
It does get broadcast 1 or 2 games a weekend but would be interesting to see if it's the fans that over thinking his selection or BA picking his son for the sake of it.

I am certain he has locked up a bench sport for all of 23 after his try in the GF, I would rather a ball playing forward like Hands/Yates or even Simonson on the bench..

Soto

Bench
It does get broadcast 1 or 2 games a weekend but would be interesting to see if it's the fans that over thinking his selection or BA picking his son for the sake of it.

I am certain he has locked up a bench sport for all of 23 after his try in the GF, I would rather a ball playing forward like Hands/Yates or even Simonson on the bench..
I read yesterday somewhere BA said he will go back and play NSW cup next year

Gronk

Staff member
Jirah played first 5 games for Knights off bench. Busted his elbow in Rnd 5

Round 1 - played 5 mins.
Round 2 - played 24 mins.
Round 3 - played 5 min.
Round 4 - played 28 mins.
Round 5 - played 5 mins.

He came one at 55m vs Tigers and played the rest of the match. No.17. Not bad.

He came on vs Sharks at 24 mins and gave away 3 penalties. No.15.

Gronk

Staff member
It looks like Steve Antonelli will be the new defence coach, probably with Murphy helping out. Caylo confirmed as NSW Cup coach.

Coached Souths reggies this year. Before that

Biography:​

• Name: Steve Antonelli
  • Position: Head Coach – NSW Coach
  • Coaching Record: Senior NRL Assistant Coach – Bulldogs (2018-20), NRL Assistant Coach – Raiders (2014-17), Head Coach NSW Cup – Mounties (2013-17)
  • Playing Record: First grade squad – Western Suburbs Magpies (1988-90), Five first grade games for Penrith Panthers (1985-88), NSW under 18s (1985), City under 18s (1985), Australian Schoolboys Rugby Union (1984), Australian Schoolboys under 17s Rugby Union (1983)

Chipmunk

Coach
Coached Souths reggies this year. Before that

Biography:​

• Name: Steve Antonelli
  • Position: Head Coach – NSW Coach
  • Coaching Record: Senior NRL Assistant Coach – Bulldogs (2018-20), NRL Assistant Coach – Raiders (2014-17), Head Coach NSW Cup – Mounties (2013-17)
  • Playing Record: First grade squad – Western Suburbs Magpies (1988-90), Five first grade games for Penrith Panthers (1985-88), NSW under 18s (1985), City under 18s (1985), Australian Schoolboys Rugby Union (1984), Australian Schoolboys under 17s Rugby Union (1983)
I think Steve Antonelli was coaching someone here in the local Canberra comp for a while, many years back. Probably the Blues, which would make sense that he was elevated from the parent company to a gig with the Raiders

Gronk

Staff member
Not a fan of Caylo as a coach.

He has worked under some good coaches. Was with Trent Robinson in 2020 when they were going for 3 peat.

IFR33K

Coach
Key signings lol!!

hilarious, key signing for he Nepo gnome.

Next we’ll see little little Matty fast tracked nothing surer. Good news on Lane and Russell.

Very interesting signing tbh.

Why would we sign him now, as he’s already signed for 2023? Were we concerned clubs will offer him a deal, come November? I highly doubt he was ever going to leave, due to a number of reasons.

if the club thinks he has potential why only sign him for a further 12 months? You’d think a 19 yo playing regular grade in a key position would be seen as a long term prospect.

or is he signed till 24 to coincide with ba’s contract here?

We have our main two halves currently about to enter the open market. Why are we signing the likes of ja before sorting out Moses and Nrown?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Very interesting signing tbh.

Why would we sign him now, as he’s already signed for 2023? Were we concerned clubs will offer him a deal, come November? I highly doubt he was ever going to leave, due to a number of reasons.

if the club thinks he has potential why only sign him for a further 12 months? You’d think a 19 yo playing regular grade in a key position would be seen as a long term prospect.

or is he signed till 24 to coincide with ba’s contract here?

We have our main two halves currently about to enter the open market. Why are we signing the likes of ja before sorting out Moses and Nrown?
I agree, with Munster staying with the Scum losing Moses is a real possibility.

Gronk

Staff member
We have our main two halves currently about to enter the open market. Why are we signing the likes of ja before sorting out Moses and Drown?
Both of those players have indicated that they are going to market.

Chipmunk

Coach
I agree, with Munster staying with the Scum losing Moses is a real possibility.
I suspect if he's got $1.4 million to spend on Munster, that he will be after someone other than Moses. I still think DCE will become the target, and for next season.

Latest posts