What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
I’m with you mate. Go back a few years and I would definitely be getting worked up. Essentially the club will cop some flak should one or both leave. But I look at it like this… we will be absolutely cashed up to jump back on the player merry-go-round the following year. Provided we aren’t paying huge overs anymore, we should never be too far away from being competitive.
It's the way of the world - money talks, loyalty walks. I don't blame any player for chasing the almighty dollar. Some merkin thinks we should ditch long service leave in the workplace. It's a sign of the times.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
It's the way of the world - money talks, loyalty walks. I don't blame any player for chasing the almighty dollar. Some merkin thinks we should ditch long service leave in the workplace. It's a sign of the times.
I’d have a guess she doesn’t have long service leave, so she thinks nobody else should either! :)

parra pete

Referee
The sooner the NRL adopts the TRADE SESSIONS as practiced by the AFL the better.....Anything to put an end to this ridiculous 'signing' a year before contract expires madness would bring sanity back into this crazy "horse trading" system that is in use now...

Stevie

Bench
Let’s also cut the bullshit here from media. It’s not like either Moses or Brown are nobodies who we’ve discovered from a 150k gamble. We’ve invested, nurtured, built our game around them.
i.e we’ve believed in them. They are also both HIGHLY paid and settled with our club.
No reason at alll to panic or read into the click bait. They are playing for a TOP club, behind arguably the best starting props in the game, and are highly established.
Unless they WANT to go (which you cannot predict or argue against) then they are likely staying.

eels_fan

First Grade
Just a scenario for all of you. Would we consider letting Moses and Nathan Brown go early in 2023 to the Tigers if we were to swap them for Doueihi and Papali’i?
No because neither Doueihi or Papalii are strong general play kickers, or goal kickers, or on-field organisers.

Dylan Brown is also none of those things.

our entire game plan is based around Moses long exceptional long kicking game, without it we are also-rans

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No because neither Doueihi or Papalii are strong general play kickers, or goal kickers, or on-field organisers.

Dylan Brown is also none of those things.

our entire game plan is based around Moses long exceptional long kicking game, without it we are also-rans
Our game plan relies on Moses’ kicking game because it’s one of our strengths. If he wasn’t in the team our game plan would be based on different strengths. In any case, Doueihi has a massive boot, and if he puts the work in he can become a quality kicker as well. Plus he has a better running game than Moses.

eels_fan

First Grade
Our game plan relies on Moses’ kicking game because it’s one of our strengths. If he wasn’t in the team our game plan would be based on different strengths. In any case, Doueihi has a massive boot, and if he puts the work in he can become a quality kicker as well. Plus he has a better running game than Moses.
I’d consider Doueihi if we lost Dyl to pair with Moses, but not the other way around. We need a game manager and neither Dyl or Adam are those

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just a scenario for all of you. Would we consider letting Moses and Nathan Brown go early in 2023 to the Tigers if we were to swap them for Doueihi and Papali’i?
Doueihi and Simpkin, our spine is then set for a few years…..edge forwards are easier to replace….

Latest posts