What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
I too think they both will stay but more so Dyl.

I think Moses will be just negotiating how much rather than leaving. The thing about tiges have to keep Brooks as well is like he is messing with them.

So he will probably negotiate something like: If we make the finals, he gets $x more. If we make the GF, he gets $y more and if we win it, he gets the Leagues club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So a player that produced the most TA's for the year is not a star player? Go you actually see what he does during a game including roaming both sides of the ball to generate try chances. So what is your definition of a star player?
I’m sure everyone agrees he’s worth $1M per year. He’s a great kicker, which is where most of his TAs come from. But he is not as complete a player as some others, such as Cleary and Munster.

Avenger

Immortal
I think that the Rothfield and Foxsports articles will help us retain Moses. Our offer is more than reasonable. Everyone takes slight unders to stay at their club unless you are Jarryd Hayne.

Avenger

Immortal
I’m sure everyone agrees he’s worth $1M per year. He’s a great kicker, which is where most of his TAs come from. But he is not as complete a player as some others, such as Cleary and Munster.
If he ends up being as good as Ben Hunt he will be a good re-signing. If he ends up being as good as Hunt when he reaches his early 30’s he will be a great investment.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think that the Rothfield and Foxsports articles will help us retain Moses. Our offer is more than reasonable. Everyone takes slight unders to stay at their club unless you are Jarryd Hayne.
It certainly has changed the narrative.

If Moses goes its now consensus that he got an outrageous offer from a desperate club like the tigers that the club simply can't compete with.

$1 million is fair and reasonable offer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hunt is a very good player but his best position isn’t 7, he’s getting paid halfback money though.
I’m sure Cam Smith got paid halfback money. It’s not about your position so much as your role and importance in the team. There’s no reason the dummy half can’t run the show. After all he is the first decision maker on nearly every play. He doesn’t always need one of the halfbacks telling him which way to send the ball.

Chipmunk

Coach
I’m sure Cam Smith got paid halfback money. It’s not about your position so much as your role and importance in the team. There’s no reason the dummy half can’t run the show. After all he is the first decision maker on nearly every play. He doesn’t always need one of the halfbacks telling him which way to send the ball.
I suspect we will learn this soon enough.

Chipmunk

Coach
I can understand wanting Hodgson for leadership and experience but it's a real departure from the style of play for that position. Curious to see what happens.
To be honest I don't think Mahoney was good enough to make the right decisions a lot of the time. Most of this came down to lack of experience.

We will lose some defensive work rate with Hodgson, I suspect others may cover some of this slack though, most notably probably Hopgood, but we will gain some footy smarts that I don't think was in Mahoney's game at this stage of his career.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I can understand wanting Hodgson for leadership and experience but it's a real departure from the style of play for that position. Curious to see what happens.
I am too. I think it could potentially complete our attack. Our main criticism of Mahoney was not engaging the markers enough. Hodgo does that in spades, to the point he copped criticism for it. But he might just get the balancing act absolutely perfect here.

I am too. I think it could potentially complete our attack. Our main criticism of Mahoney was not engaging the markers enough. Hodgo does that in spades, to the point he copped criticism for it. But he might just get the balancing act absolutely perfect here.
Exactly not engaging markers and running the ball. If he develops this part of his game further at the dogs then he will be lethal.