What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Insideout

Juniors
I’ve heard that Mitchell Moses signed with the Wests Tigers last Thursday for 2024 and beyond. The clubs are trying to work out a swap deal for 2023 (I doubt that will happen).

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ve heard that Mitchell Moses signed with the Wests Tigers last Thursday for 2024 and beyond. The clubs are trying to work out a swap deal for 2023 (I doubt that will happen).

Was it a little bird that told you mate? I also have little birds that come and talk to me in my sleep.

eels_fan

First Grade
He’s been back for 2 week and we’re still 3.5 weeks away from round 1. Would have to be a very serious infection to keep him out

Glenneel

Bench
There isn't any pressure on the Eels in regards to Doorey. He was a cheap signing. Probably 50k over a min wage player. A squad player.

There is actual pressure on the DOGS recruits and also a lot players released who could of been kept cheap. Its different when say we lost Mahoneh,Papali'i, Kafusi,Marata for what I'd say is overs and big money. Ray Stone is probably the one I'd say if amounted to anything wouldn't of cost much to keep.
In the dogs case however

Example - If JMK performs well. He would of cost around 200k vs Mahoney at 650k

Schoup, Allan, Naden, Hethrington- Will any turn into quality NRL players. All could have been kept for average salaries.

You then have Burton - Will he be the million dollar player? Personaly I think so but has to prove it.

Kikau,Mahoney,Sutton and next year Spencer and Crighton. Big names and big signings are where pressure is along with guys you let go for cheap or average salaries. Last thing you want is to see another club pick up a bargain from your basement.

I tip DOGS to go well however.
As I've said earlier will go better but can't see them making the 8. Their forwards are a hotch potch of mostly rejects from other clubs and they have no half or fullback yet. They've invested big money in Burton who is not an organiser and bought a youngster who is a running half as well and as yet unproven in NRL. Crichton {next year) is a centre converted to fullback and usually it takes a few years before they come good so still a lot of questions about their roster.

Glenneel

Bench
60s guy has done a great write up and predicted our rnd 1 side.

The bench I have to say unless guys step up left me quite underwhelmed.

Jirrah
Rodwell
Murchie
Makatoa/Ogden

Unless these guys step up there is literally 5 NSW CUP level players. And that is with Doorey and Hopgood in the starting side.
Fact is we will have 4-6 forwards who may not be up to speed with the NRL. I find that concerning.

Throw in Dunster and Russel and gee it is an inexperienced looking side.
A lot changes when N.Brown,Waqa,Matterson,Simmonson return.
First few rounds might be tough.

Let's just hope some of these guys step up. Hopgood and Russel I am confident about. Rest no idea
Hopefully the new guys, and some of the old, step up and Makapillow gets relegated well down the list, just no impact from him imo. Apparently Asi injured but would think he is the utility when fit and not JA.