What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Penrith didn't bother with this kid and this is why. What a waste of time he has been.
Souths got bagged for letting him go. But in reality they got treated pretty disgracefully from him.

I have been told from a family friend who looks after the interstate juniors they get.

That souths use to pick him up from his family home and take him to Redfern to training after they spotted at 11. Through Harold Matthews to SG ball.

Suaalii spat in there face with all these demands at 17 years old that Bennett eventually said enough is enough so they let him go.

The Roosters were cunning enough to think they could convince him to stay.

Interesting what reception he gets on Thursday night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Souths got bagged for letting him go. But in reality they got treated pretty disgracefully from him.

I have been told from a family friend who looks after the interstate juniors they get.

That souths use to pick him up from his family home and take him to Redfern to training after they spotted at 11. Through Harold Matthews to SG ball.

Suaalii spat in there face with all these demands at 17 years old that Bennett eventually said enough is enough so they let him go.

A bloke at work is a mad keen Roosters fan and he is off him big time.

King-Gutho94

Coach
A bloke at work is a mad keen Roosters fan and he is off him big time.
Roosters fans are a ruthless bunch. They can turn on any player quicker then anyone in the comp including us parra fans.

One of my roosters mates is adamant they won't win a comp with Sam Walker claims he is a downhill skier.

You have the older fans in the 40-50 age group or older who like to remind you of the bad times between 1975 to 2002 when they didnt win a comp and how they have worked themselves through uncle Nick to be this rich powerful club they are now. Especially in the late 80s and early 90s when they were battlers and basically a transit lounge where they had nothing. So they look at themselves as this self sufficient club made good from nothing.

While my generation born in the mid 90s and age demographic have only basically seen the Roosters as a successful club and most around my age have this entitlement about them as Roosters fans supporting Rugby league.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Brave Chooks didnt win a game in 1966. Enter Jack Gibson in 1967. He took them to the semis, top 4 back then and the rest is history. Gibbo dug that well.

Gronk

Staff member
Penrith didn't bother with this kid and this is why. What a waste of time he has been.
BS. He’s been in the Souths system since he was 12. He was travelling from Glenmore Park and playing for the Coogee Wombats before he was Harrold Matts ready. Kings School Scholarship from Yr7.

So what, Penrith pulled a nostradamus move when he was in primary school ?

Gronk

Staff member

Yeah I thought he showed zero loyalty to Souths. Proper scumbag move.

Glenneel

Bench
Well a half decent game at centre by Asi, means that Waqa can be dropped for another Top 30 player. We badly need some pressure in that position.
Yes Asi top 30 whereas Cini is not. Maybe we can get dispensation to play Cini much like Hands.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
BS. He’s been in the Souths system since he was 12. He was travelling from Glenmore Park and playing for the Coogee Wombats before he was Harrold Matts ready. Kings School Scholarship from Yr7.

So what, Penrith pulled a nostradamus move when he was in primary school ?

Yes. They already knew the family. So BS? No.
You come across as a bit of dickhead. Have you always been this way?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah I thought he showed zero loyalty to Souths. Proper scumbag move.
Yeah it was.

But I think writing was on the wall early he had zero loyalty to anyone when he demanded exit clauses in his contract at 16 years of age.

Roosters backed themselves in to keep him it hasn't happened.

I hope the space cadet Fittler doesn't pick him for Origin. He doesn't deserve a Blue jersey especially.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yes Asi top 30 whereas Cini is not. Maybe we can get dispensation to play Cini much like Hands.

Serious question, how do you get "dispensation" to play a player outside your top 30 if you have only signed up 27? Surely the players that you use outside your "Top 27" become no. 28, 29 and so on?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well there’s a minimum amount you have to pay top 30 merkins and there would surely be a maximum you can pay to players outside it. For example the dev squad have a maximum salary that is less than the top 30 minimum.