What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Well there’s a minimum amount you have to pay top 30 merkins and there would surely be a maximum you can pay to players outside it. For example the dev squad have a maximum salary that is less than the top 30 minimum.
Why would there be a maximum salary? I don't think that is the rule is it, it is only a minimum salary for outside the Top 30?

As long as you're inside the total amount that can be paid to players outside of the Top 30, what does it matter what some of them are paid?

84 Baby

Referee
Serious question, how do you get "dispensation" to play a player outside your top 30 if you have only signed up 27? Surely the players that you use outside your "Top 27" become no. 28, 29 and so on?
The bottom end of top 30 squads can be fluid so long as the player has a contract registered with NRL and their payments meet NRL cap guides on minimum payments. It’s easier to get dispensation as you say when you don’t have 30 players but it also doesn’t necessarily mean that player is permanently in the top 30 going forward

84 Baby

Referee
Why would there be a maximum salary? I don't think that is the rule is it, it is only a minimum salary for outside the Top 30?

As long as you're inside the total amount that can be paid to players outside of the Top 30, what does it matter what some of them are paid?
Because theoretically paying them more than the “maximum” would put them in the top 30. The maximum would just be a cent more than the 30th highest paid player

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Because it would be a way to stockpile elite juniors. If player 30 was paid high enough (say $200k) then a wealthy enough club could have a hundred or more of the best youngsters in the game, each on almost that much.

Chipmunk

Coach
Because it would be a way to stockpile elite juniors. If player 30 was paid high enough (say $200k) then a wealthy enough club could have a hundred or more of the best youngsters in the game, each on almost that much.
There is still a maximum amount you can pay the entire development contract players though. I think it was $360k last season. Who knows what it is at the moment though.

You're salary cap would be all out of wack if player 30 was on $200k though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well we don't have a backup FB.

if they want to look at someone I would look to sign Blake Taafe as a ultilty off the bench.

He could play anywhere in the spine off the bench and covers plenty of positions.

Latest posts