What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
NRL will stand him down.

It's too serious a charge to have running around atm.

Imagine the outrage
Probably. But they had the 7 year jail thing as the barometer for a serious charge. This is less than half that. Why even have the 7 year rule?

Gronk

Staff member
Probably. But they had the 7 year jail thing as the barometer for a serious charge. This is less than half that. Why even have the 7 year rule?
Yeah this one is at the super serious end. From the news this week.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Breaking: Eels star charged with sexual touching after alleged pub incident

859498_640x360_large_20230604064943.jpg

Souths claim huge win amid injuries! | 02:22

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
June 4th, 2023 11:58 amParramatta Eels star Dylan Brown has been charged with five counts of sexual touching without consent following an alleged incident at the Golden Sheaf hotel in Double Bay on Saturday evening.

The 22-year-old Eels and New Zealand five-eighth was arrested on Saturday night after a 20-year-old woman reported the alleged incident to staff, as first reported by The Daily Telegraph.
“About 11.40pm yesterday officers attached to Eastern Suburbs PAC were called to a hotel on New South Head Rd at Double Bay following a report of sexual touching,” a NSW Police statement read.
“Police arrested a 22-year-old man he was taken to Waverley Police Station where he has been charged with sexually touch another person without consent
Dylan Brown at last year’s Rugby League World Cup.

The Daily Telegraph also reports that police took out an interim apprehended violence order (AVO), while Brown must report to police on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday under the terms of his bail.

13th-placed Parramatta has the bye this round, before returning to action against the Bulldogs on Monday 12 June.

The Eels said in a statement Sunday: “The Parramatta Eels have been made aware of an incident involving Dylan Brown last night.
“The Club has advised the NRL integrity unit as per our normal process.
“As it is a police matter, the Club will not be making further comment at this time.”

Tooooks

Bench
I’ll preface this by stating the obvious: that he is entitled by law to the presumption of innocence.

Having said that, he’s a 22 year old millionaire, famous at least in his sport, a good looking bloke who no doubt has women throwing themselves at him. Why put yourself in such a situation?

Blows my mind.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Innocent until proven guilty.

But he HAS been arrested over the matter.
While I want to hope this is all a nothing-burger, it certainly doesn't look good.

More to the point: how stupid are some of these guys? Broadly speaking: even if it is consensual stuff, they HAVE to know by now that anything could be claimed and they would then face the music, and quite possibly jeopardise their career.

Look at the De Belin scenario- while I am not across every detail, my understanding is charges were dropped eventually, but had he kept it in his pants, the ordeal would never have happened.

For anyone getting 500k+ at 22, they need help behaving respinsibly

T.S Quint

Coach
I’ll preface this by stating the obvious: that he is entitled by law to the presumption of innocence.

Having said that, he’s a 22 year old millionaire, famous at least in his sport, a good looking bloke who no doubt has women throwing themselves at him. Why put yourself in such a situation?

Blows my mind.

The problem is that they do have women throwing themselves at them. Gives them a false sense of who is actually interested in them and that they can just go and get whoever they want.

Remember Trump famous video, "You can do whatever you want, grab em on the pussy. They'll let you because your're famous."

Cloeel

Juniors
Innocent until proven guilty.

But he HAS been arrested over the matter.
While I want to hope this is all a nothing-burger, it certainly doesn't look good.

More to the point: how stupid are some of these guys? Broadly speaking: even if it is consensual stuff, they HAVE to know by now that anything could be claimed and they would then face the music, and quite possibly jeopardise their career.

Look at the De Belin scenario- while I am not across every detail, my understanding is charges were dropped eventually, but had he kept it in his pants, the ordeal would never have happened.

For anyone getting 500k+ at 22, they need help behaving respinsibly

A lot of these guys can change the outcome just by how they manage the situation after they get what they want (As long as it is consensual).

When you are public figure you can't get away with kicking the opposite sex to the curb when you have gotten what you want. As soon as they start getting educated on this, it will be a consistent problem.