What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Innocent till proven guilty. But what he is guilty of is being dumb. Dumb choices. Didn’t obviously learn from his toilet incident. And he comes across like an airhead.
He dropped an F bomb in a post-game interview a couple weeks ago. I think he is a dickhead.
Not sure what comes of this charge and of course he is innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Random question.

Assuming the club has a code of conduct that has been breached by Dyls (and if they don't have a code of conduct that is breached by an arrest they are dumber than Dyls):
Does he now get suspended without pay until this is resolved? (Or on half pay?)
If so, does that free up his (pro-rated) salary (or half of) for cap purposes?

I imagine there might be a half out there looking for a fresh start? If we could offer a 400k pa equivalent (pro-rated) for the rest of the year, that might entice them, and persuade their current club to grant a release.

Edit: or a fullback as above?

Cloeel

Juniors
Random question.

Assuming the club has a code of conduct that has been breached by Dyls (and if they don't have a code of conduct that is breached by an arrest they are dumber than Dyls):
Does he now get suspended without pay until this is resolved? (Or on half pay?)
If so, does that free up his (pro-rated) salary (or half of) for cap purposes?

I imagine there might be a half out there looking for a fresh start? If we could offer a 400k pa equivalent (pro-rated) for the rest of the year, that might entice them, and persuade their current club to grant a release.

I doubt the club has anything more than what the NRL does with the "no fault stand down policy". But if it did have some sort of Code of conduct, does that mean if/when he is proven innocent the club can be sued?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think a lot of people quickly forget in these situations. Not saying us fans but those who will slip the boot in.

Dylan has done a lot of work with Ronald McDonald house for a few years now including dying his hair blonde to raise money for the charity.

More then most for a 22 year old even if he has a shit load of money.

emjaycee

Coach
I think a lot of people quickly forget in these situations. Not saying us fans but those who will slip the boot in.

Dylan has done a lot of work with Ronald McDonald house for a few years now including dying his hair blonde to raise money for the charity.

I can think of at least one fan who will be quick to slip the boot in.

pazzaeel

Juniors
Unlike the Hayne case which was essentially he said/she said. There should be clear cctv evidence and witnesses in this scenario. Unfortunately for all involved this will drag out for sometime and no matter the outcome, Dylan will have a mark next to his name forever.

After the toilet cubicle incident I thought he would have learnt a lesson. Appears not.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I doubt the club has anything more than what the NRL does with the "no fault stand down policy". But if it did have some sort of Code of conduct, does that mean if/when he is proven innocent the club can be sued?

I doubt it?

A code of conduct would surely contain clauses about promoting the interest of the club ahead of personal; social media use; contrary conduct; not being arrested; etc

Unless he could prove he wasn't arrested, it would be very difficult to sue? Innocence isn't usually a code of conduct baseline. They deal in the area where someone is presumed innocent, yet may have brought the organisation into disrepute.

lucablight

First Grade

Didn’t he also help out someone who was having a medical episode?

emjaycee

Coach
Hopefully whatever it is that is alleged to have taken place is low end being a dick on the piss rather than something more serious.
Here is the legal definition:

CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 61HB​

Meaning of "sexual touching"

61HB Meaning of "sexual touching"​

(1) For the purposes of this Division,
"sexual touching" means a person touching another person--
(a) with any part of the body or with anything else, or
(b) through anything, including anything worn by the person doing the touching or by the person being touched,
in circumstances where a reasonable person would consider the touching to be sexual.
(1A) The continuation of sexual touching as defined in subsection (1) is also
"sexual touching" for the purposes of this Division.
(2) The matters to be taken into account in deciding whether a reasonable personwould consider touching to be sexual include--
(a) whether the area of the body touched or doing the touching is the person's genital area, anal area or breasts--
(i) whether or not the breasts are sexually developed, and
(ii) regardless of the person's gender or sex, or
(b) whether the person doing the touching does so for the purpose of obtaining sexual arousal or sexual gratification, or
(c) whether any other aspect of the touching (including the circumstances in which it is done) makes it sexual.
(3) Touching carried out solely for proper medical or hygienic purposes is not
"sexual touching" for the purposes of this Division.

T-Boon

Coach
Hopefully whatever it is that is alleged to have taken place is low end being a dick on the piss rather than something more serious.
thats what I am thinking given the police released him on bail rather than holding him and having him appear in front of a magistrate/registrar (unless I am mistaken about that fact).

Latest posts