What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

crocodile

Bench
The video said the club called the cops. She said he was handsy to a security guard.

Did she ask for the cops to be called or did the club check security and follow protocol and call the cops.

Not getting into it as I am waiting till after the court case Wednesday.
Doubt there will be a case on Wednesday. Just come up for mention. Unless he pleads guilty or the prosecution withdraw.

crocodile

Bench
If she doesn’t want to press charges I don’t think the police can go forward with it . I think it’s only domestic violence where the police continue because so many people are pressured by the partner to drop them
If he broke the law it is a police matter and the complainant becomes a witness. This isn’t a civil case.

Happy MEel

First Grade
If he broke the law it is a police matter and the complainant becomes a witness. This isn’t a civil case.
That’s true but it’s hard to determine non-consent if the party does not want to press charges. Despite her initial complaint, without her following that up in court and confirming the non-consensual sexual touching it would be difficult to convict.

Still, wake up to yourself Dylan you absolute peanut. Shades of Corey f**king Norman.

84 Baby

Referee
If a witness no longer pursues it they lose a lot of credibility, so the cops also usually drop the case (but often with heavy warning to accused). Police could go that hypothetical complainant for giving false info but under most circumstances they don’t bother. The accused may also pursue civil action but again unless it’s real high profile with distinct loss of reputation/income, most also won’t bother.

Tooooks

Bench
I would assume (unless things are very very different in NSW) that the police got a statement from the victim before arresting and charging him. I’d be shocked if that wasn’t the case.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors

You need a complainant for offences against the person. The complaint has come from her.

They wouldn’t need a complainant for public nuisance as an example, if he was displaying disorderly, threatening or violent behaviour.

Latest posts