What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
What would Rodwell be on? $150k. Assuming he leaves and we have a bit more under the cap would we have enough for an experienced outside back for 2024. I think we would. Savage would be on about $250k tops. He would do.

yy_cheng

Coach
Saw some of Cini's form in the first trial. This bloke can't tackle so how did he get top 30?
It was talked about in the hopgood interview. The player managers try and get these into the contract. Even for training in the pre season. I.e in year x of the contract, he can attend pre season training.

It explained i think last year, was it loizou who was in the top 30 but was no chance of every being playing nrl

It was talked about in the hopgood interview. The player managers try and get these into the contract. Even for training in the pre season. I.e in year x of the contract, he can attend pre season training.

It explained i think last year, was it loizou who was in the top 30 but was no chance of every being playing nrl

That would have to be the bizarre way of achieving the objective imaginable. I can't imagine why giving someone the right to attend training would put them in the Top 30. I can imagine signing a multi-year contract with someone in which the final year(s) salary would put them in the Top 30 (whether that's a fixed salary or described in terms of the minimum Top 30 wage). And then they can rock up to training with the lads.

The Colonel

Immortal
What would Rodwell be on? $150k. Assuming he leaves and we have a bit more under the cap would we have enough for an experienced outside back for 2024. I think we would. Savage would be on about $250k tops. He would do.
Savage? Really? He has regressed something chronic after showing decent potential in 2022. He is quick but has issues under the high ball....

I feel there are much better options available if the club are able to pick someone up.

yy_cheng

Coach
That would have to be the bizarre way of achieving the objective imaginable. I can't imagine why giving someone the right to attend training would put them in the Top 30. I can imagine signing a multi-year contract with someone in which the final year(s) salary would put them in the Top 30 (whether that's a fixed salary or described in terms of the minimum Top 30 wage). And then they can rock up to training with the lads.
No i meant in your contract it could be top 30 or it could say pre seaaon training. I am guessing it could be anything

King-Gutho94

Coach
The only outside back the eels are looking at is one they have generated via AI. Sarantinos has been too busy partying in Vegas with Vlandys
We were one of the 7 clubs that didn't put an application in to play there this year.

I wonder if the past week and being over there would have changed Sarantinos and the clubs mind.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Didnt want the
We were one of the 7 clubs that didn't put an application in to play there this year.

I wonder if the past week and being over there would have changed Sarantinos and the clubs mind.
Didn't want the team to go but took a junket anyway. Typical management.

JokerEel

Coach

If we can use it instead on the NT home game then yeah go for it..

We have the most fans so we should put our hand up.

Avenger

Immortal
Savage? Really? He has regressed something chronic after showing decent potential in 2022. He is quick but has issues under the high ball....

I feel there are much better options available if the club are able to pick someone up.
Why not? I think he just needs a change of clubs. Similar to Zac Lomax.

Latest posts