What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k off playing well..
He was. His stats were very good. Moretti’s weren’t until last year, which is when he started playing well. What a coincidence that players who play well have good stats.
How did that turn out?
Life’s like a box of chocolates ffs. Moretti isn’t even on a top 30 contract and he’s playing first grade this week. You win some you lose some.
Even Hindy and his birds knew Moretti was better than some guy that's never playing Cup for us again....
I’m certain hindyeleven never said a thing about Moretti until 2023 when he was already playing well. By then he was already contracted, like Taumoepenu. If hindy knew he would have a breakout year he should’ve told Moretti and his manager before the merkin signed with us for peanuts.

JokerEel

Coach
He was. His stats were very good. Moretti’s weren’t until last year, which is when he started playing well. What a coincidence that players who play well have good stats.

Life’s like a box of chocolates ffs. Moretti isn’t even on a top 30 contract and he’s playing first grade this week. You win some you lose some.

I’m certain hindyeleven never said a thing about Moretti until 2023 when he was already playing well. By then he was already contracted, like Taumoepenu. If hindy knew he would have a breakout year he should’ve told Moretti and his manager before the merkin signed with us for peanuts.

I said in 2022 Moretti was a good player...

Stats are why we signed that Merkin Moneyball FTW!

Once again talent identification worked well 🤌

Chipmunk

Coach
The question was "Who’s playing in the RM Cup?"
Cayless is the great de-polisher.
Players go backwards if they spend too much time in Cup.
Look what happened to poor Momo. :p
You have to go to the comment that the "Who's playing in the RM Cup" was the question for to get the context. The original comment and the following question were only ever about one player. The others weren't relevant to the conversation being had.

TheCrowe

Juniors
You have to go to the comment that the "Who's playing in the RM Cup" was the question for to get the context. The original comment and the following question were only ever about one player. The others weren't relevant to the conversation being had.
But interesting just the same. :p

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy thought tevita was going to be better than Emu

(And there’s plenty more where that came from)

Tevita looked decent. His tackle rate was brilliant. Well into the 90% rate.
But that was a few years back. Not last year. Matalele also looked promising. Now he looks like a slug.
I think Pou said he was our own superstar Kikau style edge forward. And most of us agreed. He is the biggest disappointment of the trio

Gazzamatta

Coach
Seems like there has been some courageous, hard hitting, educational debate today. It's been riveting reading after a day at work.
My 2 cents...no-one is saying season over after the panfers loss. It was dissapointing not to have reacted earlier on the tuilagi centre situation. Yes we were ahead but we were being beaten into submission with their raids down our left.
We were gallant and deserve praise for our efforts and a few dubious decisions by ref and video...no surprises here considering who they were.
Tuialagi for what is worth i believe is a very good acquisition. 2nd row and middle are his positions.
BA not making the obvious change to the defensive structure is not acceptable. He's not coaching in his first year. 11 years and counting...
I still think we will be a big chance this year. Our fwd pack is as good as anyone's.
We parra fans should get behind the club and make Commbank a fortress.
I'd like to think we can get 25k to this Sundays match.
We dont want to be 1 from 3...get behind the Eels. It's another grudge match.
Oh and the trolls can make for some interesting reading...but alot of it is really 💩
Ill be there.

Glenneel

Bench
They prepare contingencies for every injured or sent off player when they name the team on Tuesday. They have a plan. They don’t just think it up on the spot.

If plan B is bad it means plan C would be worse.
It means plan A & B didn't work but maybe plan C will. As in war every general has a plan which quickly goes out the window and by the end of the week they're onto plan Q. A different plan doesn't mean they're worse than the previous plan, it just didn't work against that particular opposition.