What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I believe there is property owned by the club and are structuring the Kellyville project to incorporate an income stream but I am not sure we have quite the same portfolio that the Panthers Group have.
My understanding is that most of the remaining property owned by the Leagues Club will be used to increase the club itself. It is pretty much along O'Connell St near to the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
We would be smart to build a hotel. Parramatta is a place people will come and stay a few nights. Reality is Penrith is not unless its a work function.
With the metro going in it even becomes an option for overseas travellers. But with all the big music events along with food festival and other events its a place people will stay and book out. Would be a good money spinner.

hindy111

Post Whore
My understanding is that most of the remaining property owned by the Leagues Club will be used to increase the club itself. It is pretty much along O'Connell St near to the club.

Remaining? What happened to it all? We used to own heaps.

84 Baby

Referee
I remember we had 30million dollars worth. That was back in the 90s. I know Osbourne was it? He sold some to make it look like we made a profit.
Fitzy was a smart operator. If we still owned the bulk of that real estate it would be worth closer to 100 mill now.
Hard to find FC financials but Leagues Club owns $100m in land & buildings (presumably majorly the club itself plus other operational buildings) and another $17m in investment property.

emjaycee

Coach
We would be smart to build a hotel. Parramatta is a place people will come and stay a few nights. Reality is Penrith is not unless its a work function.
With the metro going in it even becomes an option for overseas travellers. But with all the big music events along with food festival and other events its a place people will stay and book out. Would be a good money spinner
More than just a hotel is being planned... I have been told what the high-level plans are but dont really have enough details to accurately share them.

1710741810347.png

hindy111

Post Whore
Like you said, a former CEO sold it off to make the books profitable.

Ffs. Fitzry may of upset people but I think he was a smart operator $$. I remember him talking about the land they had been acquiring and holding into as part of the portfolio.
Ridiculous if one CEO was allowed to sell most of it off. It would of taken years to aquire

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ffs. Fitzry may of upset people but I think he was a smart operator $$. I remember him talking about the land they had been acquiring and holding into as part of the portfolio.
Ridiculous if one CEO was allowed to sell most of it off. It would of taken years to aquire
Osborne was a Spags appointment wasn't he.

Another reason why Roy should never be voted back in to run the club.

He already destroyed it once.

emjaycee

Coach
Hard to find FC financials but Leagues Club owns $100m in land & buildings (presumably majorly the club itself plus other operational buildings) and another $17m in investment property.
There aren't separate financials for the football club because they use a consolidated accounts method - all subsidiaries report up and are included in one financial year report.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t think anyone is arguing with you but those people have been gone for 10 years

84 Baby

Referee
There aren't separate financials for the football club because they use a consolidated accounts method - all subsidiaries report up and are included in one financial year report.
There’d be separate financials just obviously not easily publicly available.

Rocket man

Juniors
As slow as our head coach, good double.

I remember we had 30million dollars worth. That was back in the 90s. I know Osbourne was it? He sold some to make it look like we made a profit.
Fitzy was a smart operator. If we still owned the bulk of that real estate it would be worth closer to 100 mill now.
Was Osborne involved with the leagues club or CEO of the EELS only.

I thought someone after Fitzgerald sold property the club owned.

Soto

Bench
Seems like there has been some courageous, hard hitting, educational debate today. It's been riveting reading after a day at work.
My 2 cents...no-one is saying season over after the panfers loss. It was dissapointing not to have reacted earlier on the tuilagi centre situation. Yes we were ahead but we were being beaten into submission with their raids down our left.
We were gallant and deserve praise for our efforts and a few dubious decisions by ref and video...no surprises here considering who they were.
Tuialagi for what is worth i believe is a very good acquisition. 2nd row and middle are his positions.
BA not making the obvious change to the defensive structure is not acceptable. He's not coaching in his first year. 11 years and counting...
I still think we will be a big chance this year. Our fwd pack is as good as anyone's.
We parra fans should get behind the club and make Commbank a fortress.
I'd like to think we can get 25k to this Sundays match.
We dont want to be 1 from 3...get behind the Eels. It's another grudge match.
Oh and the trolls can make for some interesting reading...but alot of it is really 💩

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Was Osborne involved with the leagues club or CEO of the EELS only.

I thought someone after Fitzgerald sold property the club owned.

I remember an article on Osbourne selling some. And Fizty talking to Hadley. Hadley was giving Fitzy some stick about how Osbourne made them 5 million dollars. And Fitzy bought this up. How he foolishly sold real estate to look good. I'm sure others on here can confirm. This was paper amd Fitzgerald talking. Unsure how accurate.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Seems like there has been some courageous, hard hitting, educational debate today. It's been riveting reading after a day at work.
My 2 cents...no-one is saying season over after the panfers loss. It was dissapointing not to have reacted earlier on the tuilagi centre situation. Yes we were ahead but we were being beaten into submission with their raids down our left.
We were gallant and deserve praise for our efforts and a few dubious decisions by ref and video...no surprises here considering who they were.
Tuialagi for what is worth i believe is a very good acquisition. 2nd row and middle are his positions.
BA not making the obvious change to the defensive structure is not acceptable. He's not coaching in his first year. 11 years and counting...
I still think we will be a big chance this year. Our fwd pack is as good as anyone's.
We parra fans should get behind the club and make Commbank a fortress.
I'd like to think we can get 25k to this Sundays match.
We dont want to be 1 from 3...get behind the Eels. It's another grudge match.
Oh and the trolls can make for some interesting reading...but alot of it is really 💩
Sunday arvo should be a similar crowd to Dogs game 28-29k.

Weather looks clear as well.