What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Zoso

Juniors
Burgess will be another Ricky I reckon if he came here. It would be a waste of time.

His heart is with Souths.

He will just piss off back home to them moment Latrell and his mate Cody are gone.
You’re right about where his heart lies but coaching is a business…Ricky won a comp at the Roosters and it turned out Bennett wasn’t rusted onto the Broncos.

hindy111

Post Whore
$50k is nothing to an NRL club

Yeah I understand. But it would count against cap so if Lussicks on 250k he costs 300k.
He isn't NRL level. Priorities for 2025 must be hooker unless its BOODS time. If he can bulk up he is going to be better the Lussick who is the worse hooker I've seen for us ever.

We still need backs. And if we can get rid of Matterson or Lane we need an edge forward who can bust the line.

If we are unable to get rid of a few of the forwards I mentioned earlier id say it will get worse before it gets better.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Y
The type of club that needs $1M so bad they take a home game to the tropics every year?
Yep - and can’t afford to replace a clearly struggling and out of ideas coach.

you are spot on as always

we don’t have enough information to know if Brad Arthur should stay as coach - 16 or 17 results like last night and we might have enough evidence? Or maybe if one of the players comes out and says he should go?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well Nathan Brown buggered off for some reason when he was starting to make an impact.

Ball won the comp
Matt's 1 game of the GF
Flegg 1 game off the GF with the Ball kids

Fast forward to this year...

Ball won in last minute to make semis and was beaten easily against Dogs.
Matt's went undefeated in season knocked out easily by Warriors.

Flegg Haven't won a game..

I don't see anyone really putting their hand up in those grades to be brought up.

and this basically backs up the talent identification issue

I mean we are putting a lot of eggs in the Blaze Talagi basket, but is he really that good ?

At 18 Jamie Lyon was playing rep footy from memory

JokerEel

Coach

I mean we are putting a lot of eggs in the Blaze Talagi basket, but is he really that good ?

Blaize is good so was Jakob the issue is how they develop these players..

Playing Jakob in first grade ruined his career at the Eels. He was sitting on the bench not playing cup as a halfback.

BA is doing the same with Blaize instead of developing him in CUP as a fullback he is playing first grade on the bench..

Let's take the Storm as an example they have that up and coming fullback coming through he isn't playing 14 in the NRL no he is playing 80 minutes for their CUP side at Fullback.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
jason taylor & john morris

its not just these two but people are throwing up other names as well, that have tried and failed and been sacked, I can't see any of them being the answer

I think we need to identify a new younger coach with fresh ideas rather than the ones who has been around for a while with no sucess

easy to say, but hard to do

JokerEel

Coach
its not just these two but people are throwing up other names as well, that have tried and failed and been sacked, I can't see any of them being the answer

I think we need to identify a new younger coach with fresh ideas rather than the ones who has been around for a while with no sucess

easy to say, but hard to do

Peter Wallace may be someone to take a punt on.

Someone said Hannay as well

Gazzamatta

Coach
Blaize is good so was Jakob the issue is how they develop these players..

Playing Jakob in first grade ruined his career at the Eels. He was sitting on the bench not playing cup as a halfback.

BA is doing the same with Blaize instead of developing him in CUP as a fullback he is playing first grade on the bench..

Let's take the Storm as an example they have that up and coming fullback coming through he isn't playing 14 in the NRL no he is playing 80 minutes for their CUP side at Fullback.
Likewise their second string half. Wishart is on the bench though. That guys a gun.

JokerEel

Coach
Likewise their second string half. Wishart is on the bench though. That guys a gun.

Wishhart is their utility player he doesn't have a starting position is a backup like Asi is for us.

Pezet is their backup half who is playing 7 for the Tigers in CUP you don't see Bellamy playing him in the NRL at 14 unless for a whole season.

hindy111

Post Whore

Easier to come into nrl then. Players across park where not physically as big compared to now. And players develop differently physically. Blaize also spent a lot of time last year injured.
Is he that good? I see a first grader but unsure the ceiling.
Russel looks average to me. Ceiling is similar to Dunster. Goof back up/average starter