What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Welcome to the other side
one of us GIF

Glenneel

Bench
I love Gutho and he gives 100% but with Lomax coming I would have tapped him on the shoulder..

Moved Brown to fullback in 2025

Kept Moses and Sanders in the halves
Penisini and Lomax on centers. Yes we have Blaize but I don't think he knows what positive plays..

We also need new middles Trey Mooney would have been a Start and I would have gone after may. (That's if we could have offloaded Barlow)
Think Lomax to fullback and Gutho maybe centre or put on coaching staff - in charge of conditioning.

Soto

Bench
We need to be at least 10 points before Moses is back. Then there will be 15 rounds to play. We win 10 of the 15 we finish on 30. That will be enough to make the semis. I still reckon on our day we can beat anyone. I know we are far far away from being there now...I'm being optimistic...you just never know. A few twists and turns yet and a few personnel changes.
Although BA needs to go I will applaud him for dropping players now which he has rarely done and trying to find the right players to do the job they are paid to do.
Good thing is we can all forget about footy for now and go wash the cars, mow the lawns, paint garage...whatever it is that needs doing 😂

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Moving forward I’d like to see:
1. Talagi
2. Russell
3. Penisini
4. Guth
5. Simmonson
6. Brown
7. Sanders
9. Head

and when ever possible move Brown to fullback to get him some reps there.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'd have Talagi in the centres, Guth still at the back. I don't think Gutho's body is up to 80mins front line defence.

But agree with swapping Brown to fullback on occasion, assuming our season is over (or will be after two more games) and all we have to play for is next year's combos.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Brad should actually be informed that he wont be kept past 31st Oct 2024 and to enjoy his Bali trip this xmas.
Payout and premiership not withstanding, it is time to move him on at the end of this season.

Oh and it's the NRL, you don't pick and sign the next coach 18 months out. 6 - 8 months is fine.
What have your little birds told you mate?

Last edited:

Soto

Bench
Yes one of the journos threw his name into the mix the other day … could be a good option just such a risk with a coach yet to prove himself in first grade… could be an Andrew Webster or Trent Barret

i reckon Holbrook is a better coach than he gets credit for and could work
Surprised he didn't take the St.Merge job...what's he want?
You probably wouldn't want to be the coach taking over after Bellamy

JokerEel

Coach
Surprised he didn't take the St.Merge job...what's he want?
You probably wouldn't want to be the coach taking over after Bellamy

Smart coaches before signing to coach at a club..look at the current squad, look at the staff at the club and what their vision is and also the junior pathways..

Some coaches are just desperate to get a gig take anything on offer even if it impacts their long term success..

You have to be weary of taking up the Storm gig especially if Hughes is looking at heading back to QLD. They still have a great core of players though..