What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
It's simple what we need amd nothing's seemed to of changed since we where promised when BA come. And it isn't his fault but the junior pathways are rubbish.
Produced what in 11yrs? D.Brown sure that was a good one but who else? I'm talking origin calibre players. Penisni is decent but he isn't origin level. Russel,Matterson. Is that it? Who else is playing in our NRL side that we produced.
The best one is Stefano and we screwed that up. Now we are sweating on Blaize to be the next superstar along with Boods. Hopefully they are becuase the production lines been horrid. Worse in the comp.

Not even being able to produce players to be Morgan Harper level? Pathetic.

Untill we fix this we will have these 1 or 2 yr windows then slide.

First up is a full clean out. Coach and whoever is in charge of setting things up. Start again. The fact we have two very good pieces in the puzzle in our halves means our rebuild may only take 2-3yrs rather then 5 -7yrs like other clubs.

PHIL GOULD WAS THE MAN TO GET.

Gronk

Staff member
It's simple what we need amd nothing's seemed to of changed since we where promised when BA come. And it isn't his fault but the junior pathways are rubbish.
Produced what in 11yrs? D.Brown sure that was a good one but who else? I'm talking origin calibre players. Penisni is decent but he isn't origin level. Russel,Matterson. Is that it? Who else is playing in our NRL side that we produced.
The best one is Stefano and we screwed that up. Now we are sweating on Blaize to be the next superstar along with Boods. Hopefully they are becuase the production lines been horrid. Worse in the comp.

First up is a full clean out. Coach and whoever is in charge of setting things up. Start again. The fact we have two very good pieces in the puzzle in our halves means our rebuild may only take 2-3yrs rather then 5 -7yrs like other clubs.

Rock solid.

1714629531823.png

yy_cheng

Coach
Matto if switched on still offers a lot. Against Manly he was great.
Lane I am unsure whats going on but hasn't played well since the semi in Nth Qld. Maybe the humidity did him in and never recovered.
I feel our team is in 2 minds and it's due to a conflict with BA.

Their natural instincts are to look for opportunities. But I think when they make mistakes, BA gives them a message and they just go for the bash.

Very evident in Matto and now Lane. Lane is just running straight at the defense and sometime some bad service from the dummy half or lapse in concentration has affected him. It could also be the myriads of injuries and so he is hesitant in chasing the collision. Actually, I think Hopgood this year has been more the bash player too.

Matto last year just tucked it up under his arm and ran at the line. But he is best when he seeks to offload. Matto only threw passes last year when we were behind the scoreboard and had to chase points.

The only real exception is Jnr. He is the opposite lol

King-Gutho94

Coach

South Sydney are preparing to offer Wayne Bennett a three-year deal as early as next week as the veteran coach weighs up a return to the Rabbitohs.
It comes as Parramatta held a scheduled board meeting on Wednesday night at which it was decided not to follow up on approaches from third parties allegedly acting on behalf of Bennett.
Sources with knowledge of the situation, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely, told the Herald the Eels had been made aware that Bennett had interest in exploring the possibility of joining Parramatta if they moved on from coach Brad Arthur.
The Eels, however, won’t rush into a decision on Arthur’s future despite the Rabbitohs pushing hard for Bennett’s services after terminating the contract of Jason Demetriou on Tuesday.

Parramatta powerbrokers are conscious of the injury predicament that has hampered Arthur’s ability to get the best out of his football team, with Mitchell Moses’ long-term foot injury this week compounded by a knee injury to skipper Clint Gutherson. Eels chairman Sean McElduff declined to comment.
The Eels board want to give Arthur more time to prove he can dig the club out of the hole it currently finds itself in and won’t be pressured into a decision by South Sydney’s urgency to appoint a new coach.

The Rabbitohs are having internal discussions about Bennett’s return to the club and are willing to give him the three-year deal he has indicated he desires.

Sources told the Herald that the Rabbitohs board and owners have endorsed the pursuit of Bennett.

In his previous stint at South Sydney, former head of football Shane Richardson secured Bennett’s services knowing his assistant Jason Demetriou would take over after three seasons. The club made two preliminary finals and one grand final in those three seasons before he left the club.

Sources with knowledge of the situation said Bennett does not want to be restricted, as has been the case in his last two deals with South Sydney and the Dolphins, and wants a minimum three-year deal. The Rabbitohs are open to such a deal.

South Sydney have also shut down any chance of luring Bennett back to the club immediately in a bid to keep their faint finals hopes alive.

Bennett is the short-priced favourite to return for a second stint at Souths, with the club hopeful they can broker a deal in the next fortnight.

The Dolphins already have Bennett’s successor, Kristian Woolf, at the club, while an early exit for Bennett would allow him to start rebuilding the roster.

But Souths do not have the money in their $5.5m football department cap to accommodate Bennett this year – they just paid out $375,000 to Jason Demetriou – and are mindful not to undo all the hard work the Dolphins have done in establishing themselves in the top grade.

“We just won’t do it because we have too much respect for [chief executive] Terry Reader and the team at the Dolphins and what they’ve achieved the past few years – they’ve worked so hard to get to where they are now,” Souths chief executive Blake Solly said.

“We’re not that sort of club. We plan to sign a new coach, and we hope it is a matter of weeks rather than months … but it will be for next year.

“We’re more than happy with Ben and the coaching group we have for the remainder of this year.”

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson welcomed the return of Bennett to the club’s arch rivals.

“It’s always good for the game to have Wayne coaching, the legend that he is, and I think it sounds like it’s already been done, doesn’t it? If Wayne says it’s, it’s done - I think that’s how it works,” Robinson said.

“I think they’ve rolled out the red carpet and said, ‘please say yes’, so I think if that’s the case then if Wayne wants it, and it was a great rivalry a few years ago. He’s the best coach that’s ever been, so it’s a pretty clear choice of his if he wants it.”

King-Gutho94

Coach
So basically there was a board meeting last night we have opted against going into the Bennett sweepstakes conscious of the injury predicament we are in and are prepared to give BA more time. Despite third parties reaching out Bennett is interested

Well I think BA is no longer the biggest problem in the joint. Though he is part of it.

It's our no faced shamless board that seem clueless and oblivious to wtf is actually is going on and be prepared to make ruthless calls that are required.

hindy111

Post Whore

That's this year. I want to see a 4 peat from my 2nd team in the area I grew up in.
I have no shame in admitting it. My whole family, dad,his brothers and cousins on his side all follow Parra and so do I. But I have a close bond to Penrith being my home town.
If the EELS where a finals side of course my preference is for them to win it. But that's not an option after 8 gruelling rounds of footy we are spent.

Legal Eel

Juniors
So basically there was a board meeting last night we have opted against going into the Bennett sweepstakes conscious of the injury predicament we are in and are prepared to give BA more time. Despite third parties reaching out Bennett is interested

Well I think BA is no longer the biggest problem in the joint. Though he is part of it.

It's our no faced shamless board that seem clueless and oblivious to wtf is actually is going on and be prepared to make ruthless calls that are required.
I would say it’s unbelievable except that it was entirely predictable!

Can’t wait to hear “there is no one better” available!

literally one of the best coaches of all time knocked on our door and we preferred to run with Captain Mediocre.

Pou, you obviously addressed the board - what happened?

hindy111

Post Whore

South Sydney are preparing to offer Wayne Bennett a three-year deal as early as next week as the veteran coach weighs up a return to the Rabbitohs.
It comes as Parramatta held a scheduled board meeting on Wednesday night at which it was decided not to follow up on approaches from third parties allegedly acting on behalf of Bennett.
Sources with knowledge of the situation, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely, told the Herald the Eels had been made aware that Bennett had interest in exploring the possibility of joining Parramatta if they moved on from coach Brad Arthur.
The Eels, however, won’t rush into a decision on Arthur’s future despite the Rabbitohs pushing hard for Bennett’s services after terminating the contract of Jason Demetriou on Tuesday.

Parramatta powerbrokers are conscious of the injury predicament that has hampered Arthur’s ability to get the best out of his football team, with Mitchell Moses’ long-term foot injury this week compounded by a knee injury to skipper Clint Gutherson. Eels chairman Sean McElduff declined to comment.
The Eels board want to give Arthur more time to prove he can dig the club out of the hole it currently finds itself in and won’t be pressured into a decision by South Sydney’s urgency to appoint a new coach.

The Rabbitohs are having internal discussions about Bennett’s return to the club and are willing to give him the three-year deal he has indicated he desires.

Sources told the Herald that the Rabbitohs board and owners have endorsed the pursuit of Bennett.

In his previous stint at South Sydney, former head of football Shane Richardson secured Bennett’s services knowing his assistant Jason Demetriou would take over after three seasons. The club made two preliminary finals and one grand final in those three seasons before he left the club.

Sources with knowledge of the situation said Bennett does not want to be restricted, as has been the case in his last two deals with South Sydney and the Dolphins, and wants a minimum three-year deal. The Rabbitohs are open to such a deal.

South Sydney have also shut down any chance of luring Bennett back to the club immediately in a bid to keep their faint finals hopes alive.

Bennett is the short-priced favourite to return for a second stint at Souths, with the club hopeful they can broker a deal in the next fortnight.

The Dolphins already have Bennett’s successor, Kristian Woolf, at the club, while an early exit for Bennett would allow him to start rebuilding the roster.

But Souths do not have the money in their $5.5m football department cap to accommodate Bennett this year – they just paid out $375,000 to Jason Demetriou – and are mindful not to undo all the hard work the Dolphins have done in establishing themselves in the top grade.

“We just won’t do it because we have too much respect for [chief executive] Terry Reader and the team at the Dolphins and what they’ve achieved the past few years – they’ve worked so hard to get to where they are now,” Souths chief executive Blake Solly said.

“We’re not that sort of club. We plan to sign a new coach, and we hope it is a matter of weeks rather than months … but it will be for next year.

“We’re more than happy with Ben and the coaching group we have for the remainder of this year.”

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson welcomed the return of Bennett to the club’s arch rivals.

“It’s always good for the game to have Wayne coaching, the legend that he is, and I think it sounds like it’s already been done, doesn’t it? If Wayne says it’s, it’s done - I think that’s how it works,” Robinson said.

“I think they’ve rolled out the red carpet and said, ‘please say yes’, so I think if that’s the case then if Wayne wants it, and it was a great rivalry a few years ago. He’s the best coach that’s ever been, so it’s a pretty clear choice of his if he wants it.”

Maybe another 11yrs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And to follow up a Grand Final appearance with one - possibly two - seasons of not even making the 8, should not be acceptable.
I think making the grand final should be possible at any point during a premiership window, including the final year. Losing should be possible in any grand final. And missing the finals is absolutely acceptable when the premiership window closes.

How long you have to wait for the next premiership window is, no bullshit, a function of the club’s resourcing. IMO

yy_cheng

Coach

Probably moreso the payout and how much Bennett probably wants.

Their aim is probably not to win the comp but to keep the bottom line healthy.

So if we had to payout BA for 1.5 years at $1.5M and Bennett would cost $1.5M a year for 3 years. They get scared .

If say someone else would do it for $50, they'll jump on it.

Legal Eel

Juniors

So if we had to payout BA for 1.5 years at $1.5M and Bennett would cost $1.5M a year for 3 years. They get scared .

We are out of contention until at least 2026 now, maybe longer if Arthur completely destroys this batch of juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Head buried firmly in the sand - lets just keep going steady as she goes then.
We could replace the coach and it would still be ‘steady as she goes’. We have the systems in place now that we can replace the coach with minimal disruption. I suspect we will. At least the fans will be happy. Like when Penrith replaced Cleary with Griffin and kept making the finals, then brought back Cleary, re-signed his son, and won some comps. The coach was interchangeable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

How do you give an 11 year dud more time?? Especially when you have Bennett on the hook???

The people running the show from the board down are absolutely clueless. These people don’t give two shits about this club winning they are just happy to do the bare minimum to keep their cushy positions.

JokerEel

Coach

Well sack someone ffs!!!!!

Where is the water boy sack him!

King-Gutho94

Coach

I find it hard to believe BA would be on a Million a season as coach.

800-900k maybe.

He is not worth a million a season as coach

Especially for a club that seems so tight when it comes to spending its money

King-Gutho94

Coach

Gus would never come here though.

He has only ever gone back to clubs he was associated with previously in Penrith and Canterbury.

yy_cheng

Coach
I find it hard to believe BA would be on a Million a season as coach.

800-900k maybe.

He is not worth a million a season as coach

Especially for a club that seems so tight when it comes to spending its money
dude it was an example. $100K to $200K isnt much differenxe after tax

Latest posts