What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Since 2008 Bennett has not coached at any club longer than four years (Broncos part two). Most of them (Dragons, Knights, Rabbits, Dolphins) it was only three years. Why didn’t he hang around at the Knights or Rabbits if he was a better chance of winning? Why not stay at the Dolphins?
I believe both Souths and Dolphins made the decision for him.

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t know mate. At this stage it looks like his only two options next year are Souths and possibly us. I actually think we’re a slightly better opportunity than Souths going forward so I can certainly see an enquiry being made. Don’t believe the bullshit he peddles about not pushing a role where there’s an incumbent. He looks after number 1, and rightly so.
He’s going to Souths. He basically admitted it on Channel 9 News.

Happy MEel

First Grade
It’s not fair to judge BA in 14, 15 or 16 because we had a team cheating the salary cap and we still didn’t win anything or even play finals footy. 17 is okay to include. But 18 we can’t because we came last. Everything from 19 is fine to judge him on except for last year because our poorly disciplined side got suspended too much. You also can’t judge him on this year because Moses got injured.
lol. That’s f**king funny (and sad) reading it like that.

Soto

Bench
4 years X Crowe money would have a bit to do with it. He will name his own terms. Full payout if moved on etc. He will have cart blanche. No way our board would offer full control.
They will do some corporate governance on him and get him to pass a probity check

Happy MEel

First Grade
I’m not too upset re: Bennett. I always thought he was a bit of a cock.
Without question. But the merkin can coach, which is all we need him to do. We’ve had a good guy in charge for 11 years and what has that gotten us? I think he’s a deadshit that our bunch of soft cocks need.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s not fair to judge BA in 14, 15 or 16 because we had a team cheating the salary cap and we still didn’t win anything or even play finals footy. 17 is okay to include. But 18 we can’t because we came last. Everything from 19 is fine to judge him on except for last year because our poorly disciplined side got suspended too much. You also can’t judge him on this year because Moses got injured.
Do you even Hug bro???

King-Gutho94

Coach
Cheika in my view would be the absolute dumbest decision ever. Would we seriously put a bloke in who has never ever coached a 1st grade rugby league team and give him the keys to one of the biggest NRL clubs??? This is complete madness. Are people seriously thinking this through? He would need to have some success as a rugby league coach before entertaining this..
Your giving an L-Plater the keys. Sure he's a great man Manager and awesome rugby union coach but so is Ange Postecoglou in Football ⚽️.
You just don't.
Coaches we should be targeting in order are.
Bennett
McGuire
Holbrook
Lam
Ryles - Ryles hasn't coached a 1st grade team yet so a pass for me but getting out the options.
Assistants include Ryan Carr
Holbrook if not the 1st grade coach
Dymock
Steve Price
I'd be happy for Cheika to be an assistant but there is a massive difference in yawnion and league...
You don't know Michael Cheika very well obviously.

He loves rugby league as much as union and would do an outstanding job.

He would bring sponsorship, PR, Presence, management skills and an aura we haven't seen at this joint for a long time.

He is a self made businessman outside of coaching and very smart.

He coached Lebanon in the last world cup and did better then Fittler had done 5 years earlier.

Cheika would be long-term solution if Bennett doesn't arrive.

Latest posts