What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Dear I’d love our club to be ruthless and tell the following players they are free to look at other options from 25 onwards as we cannot find a place for them anywhere other than RMC after 24. They are free to stay but they will NOT play FG again.

1) Sivo
2) Lane
3) Lussick

There could be others of course but these 3.
Stick to our guns. Replace with a first grade wing/centre, a hooker, an edge back rower.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
From last nights showing 400k is probably on the money and potentially a desperate club (maybe that’s us ) could come in higher and take a gamble on him being a superstar.

He certainly took a huge step forward last night and I think showed he is clearly a player of high promise and appears to even have surprised some of resident experts on here .

I just hope he’s not more trouble than he’s worth as a couple of little warning signs so far and of course his manager. I’d suggest if he does stay with us he may be need to be content with playing on the wing, centre or off bench for a period

Gazzamatta

Coach
Dear I’d love our club to be ruthless and tell the following players they are free to look at other options from 25 onwards as we cannot find a place for them anywhere other than RMC after 24. They are free to stay but they will NOT play FG again.

1) Sivo
2) Lane
3) Lussick

There could be others of course but these 3.
Stick to our guns. Replace with a first grade wing/centre, a hooker, an edge back rower.
Barlow and Sivo would be the first Id tap. 900k for what Barlow offers is a crime. He had The C last night and was as non productive as hes been for 2 seasons. Go Box someone Barlow.

Rocket man

Juniors
From last nights showing 400k is probably on the money and potentially a desperate club (maybe that’s us ) could come in higher and take a gamble on him being a superstar.

He certainly took a huge step forward last night and I think showed he is clearly a player of high promise and appears to even have surprised some of resident experts on here .

I just hope he’s not more trouble than he’s worth as a couple of little warning signs so far and of course his manager. I’d suggest if he does stay with us he may be need to be content with playing on the wing, centre or off bench for a period
He said last night he's happy at the club or words to that effect.

Stevie

Bench
Barlow and Sivo would be the first Id tap. 900k for what Barlow offers is a crime. He had The C last night and was as non productive as hes been for 2 seasons. Go Box someone Barlow.
The reason I didn’t put Paulo is because:

1) The coach is in love with him, and whilst BA is there JP going nowhere (unfortunately).
2) No club in their right mind I don’t think would take him at full coin, I don’t see the value in losing him if he costs us $400k etc a year. He is what, a $500k prop at best in today’s market?

Noise

Coach
The reason I didn’t put Paulo is because:

1) The coach is in love with him, and whilst BA is there JP going nowhere (unfortunately).
2) No club in their right mind I don’t think would take him at full coin, I don’t see the value in losing him if he costs us $400k etc a year. He is what, a $500k prop at best in today’s market?
This is one of the huge issues with BA. His buddy buddy relationship with our team leaders has allowed them to get away with being lazy and ill disciplined (Lane, Matto, Paulo) or signing too long contracts because he didn’t want to lose them (Lane, Sivo, Gutho, Paulo and RCG).

BA doesn’t seem to be a great leader and it’s reflected in those he’s entrusted to lead the team.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Watching the replay after attending last night. The issue with Lane and Paulo is lack of agression. They both look to hide in D. Rarely double up, are slow off the ground and dont move forward as they should in Defence. Everything is done gently. For a coach who preaches aggression and chasing the collision, how he dosent drive that with this pair in particular stinks of favouritism or watching with blinkers on.

JokerEel

Coach
Probably not because he would’ve taken unders to stay in Melbourne. From what I’ve seen of him he’s worth 400k maybe even more on the open market.
Blaize & his management want to test the open market and we’ll have to pay to keep him. As I said if you truly believe he’ll be worth it you pull the trigger.

Club should tell him to sign for 4-5 years though at that price

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
300k is what was thrown around
500k is what was thrown around.

Here’s my source for that btw. Not that he’s been offered 500k, but the speculation that that’s what the offers could look like.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I am confused.
3 days ago BA, MON and the coaching staff were blasted on this site for picking Talagi in FB when they had been playing him all over the place in both FG and Reggies.

2 days ago when he and his agent Moses let his PO lapse so he could go to market seeking more money, they were cut-throat and we should let him walk because he had shown nothing to make him worth keeping.

Today, after we lost a game in which Talagi dropped his first attempt at taking a bomb, was out of position for a Bronco's try and dropped a couple of balls that might have given us tries, the same people on here are happy to lock him in for $400k per year for multiple years.

Talk about bi-polar behaviour.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I am confused.
3 days ago BA, MON and the coaching staff were blasted on this site for picking Talagi in FB when they had been playing him all over the place in both FG and Reggies.

2 days ago when he and his agent Moses let his PO lapse so he could go to market seeking more money, they were cut-throat and we should let him walk because he had shown nothing to make him worth keeping.

Today, after we lost a game in which Talagi dropped his first attempt at taking a bomb, was out of position for a Bronco's try and dropped a couple of balls that might have given us tries, the same people on here are happy to lock him in for $400k per year for multiple years.

Talk about bi-polar behaviour.

I, for one, am not sold on him being a $400,000 per year player yet.

The talent is clearly there, but he has obvious, glaring deficiencies in his game, which may continue on (who knows).

Personally, I wouldn't be fussed if he left - Lomax is a better centre at this point in time, and he has also proven to be an elite-level talent on the wing.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Lomax would make a fine fullback, too.

I'd be happy to keep Talagi, but won't lose any sleep of he chooses to leave.

Latest posts