What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
I, for one, am not sold on him being a $400,000 per year player yet.

The talent is clearly there, but he has obvious, glaring deficiencies in his game, which may continue on (who knows).

Personally, I wouldn't be fussed if he left - Lomax is a better centre at this point in time, and he has also proven to be an elite-level talent on the wing.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Lomax would make a fine fullback, too.

I'd be happy to keep Talagi, but won't lose any sleep of he chooses to leave.
Agreed

emjaycee

Coach
I, for one, am not sold on him being a $400,000 per year player yet.

The talent is clearly there, but he has obvious, glaring deficiencies in his game, which may continue on (who knows).

Personally, I wouldn't be fussed if he left - Lomax is a better centre at this point in time, and he has also proven to be an elite-level talent on the wing.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Lomax would make a fine fullback, too.

I'd be happy to keep Talagi, but won't lose any sleep of he chooses to leave.
If he leaves won't that just mean we aren't really a "development club"?

JokerEel

Coach
I am confused.
3 days ago BA, MON and the coaching staff were blasted on this site for picking Talagi in FB when they had been playing him all over the place in both FG and Reggies.

2 days ago when he and his agent Moses let his PO lapse so he could go to market seeking more money, they were cut-throat and we should let him walk because he had shown nothing to make him worth keeping.

Today, after we lost a game in which Talagi dropped his first attempt at taking a bomb, was out of position for a Bronco's try and dropped a couple of balls that might have given us tries, the same people on here are happy to lock him in for $400k per year for multiple years.

Talk about bi-polar behaviour.

Yeah ok..

Not sure of the comments seems a bit wankerish..

Anyway I still think 400k for 3 years is a bit much.. Over 5 years yeah ok fair

hindy111

Post Whore
Probably fair tbh If the club is crowning him as the future you push the chips in and see if the overs in year 1 become unders by year 3. Fact is that young talented spine players cost too much these days but what’s the alternative?

400k is overs for 2025 by maybe 150k at worse case pending how he plays. He might be worth 400k. By 2026 and 2027 I reckon it could be unders. If I had to bank on it I'd say by 2026 he will be worth it and in 2027 he will be a steal at that price.

hindy111

Post Whore
If he leaves won't that just mean we aren't really a "development club"?

Problem is any young talented kid will have offers over 300k. That's peanuts to gamble on a gun spine player.
Even a prop who looks a year or two away will still get offers over 250k to develop in NSW CUP. Stefano is a great example. Thing is you can't always buy them once they are stars. Imagine swapping Stefano for Jnr now. It would be a no brainer.

Avenger

Immortal
He won’t leave. This is a con job by his manager. Next week he will reveal that some other club is interested and he will accordingly ‘leak it’ to the media and try and squeeze the lemon further.

Talagi is good with the ball in hand but his defence and positional play is horrible. We won’t however do the right thing and develop him in the lower grades because we don’t have that luxury with Gutherson out.

I still cannot for the life of me see why we are not looking to fill our roster NOW seeing we have spots open. The whole f**king joint is stale and insipid.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon guys like Matalele would be on 200k based on his age an potential at time.
As a young kid it's smart to get as much as you can. Look at Dunster. Think if the injury happened 6mths earlier and prior to signing a 3yr deal.

Chipmunk

Coach
400k is overs for 2025 by maybe 150k at worse case pending how he plays. He might be worth 400k. By 2026 and 2027 I reckon it could be unders. If I had to bank on it I'd say by 2026 he will be worth it and in 2027 he will be a steal at that price.
If it's unders in later years, then his Manager just whinges for more money, or someone else wants him and he goes somewhere else for more money.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It’s probably not even 400 next year. It might be 300/400/500 over the 3 years and with salary cap increases it looks ok. Imagine having a fullback on 500k in 3 years time. That’s looking like pretty good business.

Noise

Coach
I heard a little rumour last night about a well known company that is potentially looking to be our Major Sponsor next year with ALAND moving away to the back of the jumper.

One of the directors high up of this company is coming over from America for the Sharks home game.

It will be interesting times if this company decides to jump on board

Again 🤔🤔🤔
Not Pirtek???

King-Gutho94

Coach
He won’t leave. This is a con job by his manager. Next week he will reveal that some other club is interested and he will accordingly ‘leak it’ to the media and try and squeeze the lemon further.

Talagi is good with the ball in hand but his defence and positional play is horrible. We won’t however do the right thing and develop him in the lower grades because we don’t have that luxury with Gutherson out.

I still cannot for the life of me see why we are not looking to fill our roster NOW seeing we have spots open. The whole f**king joint is stale and insipid.
It's pathetic what club goes in with 26 spots on there roster.

I can understand keeping money in the bank for a mid season singing like Lomax.

But 4 spots literally is ridiculous

Latest posts