What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I heard a little rumour last night about a well known company that is potentially looking to be our Major Sponsor next year with ALAND moving away to the back of the jumper.

One of the directors high up of this company is coming over from America for the Sharks home game.

It will be interesting times if this company decides to jump on board

Again 🤔🤔🤔
He is coming for the announcement, not the decision.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Then why is Pou comparing wages for a half and a fullback? Thats the point.
Halfbacks peak later than every other position so Sanders is a long way from his peak. I'd say Sanders will be worth more than Talagi one day but right now Talagi is a better player and worth more. He is a rare talent. The Broncos struggled to contain him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its good to see injured senior players from other clubs sit in the coaches box during the game. Its stands to reason they would have something to contribute.
Such a pity there is insufficient chairs at Commbank to allow similar to ever happen in the Eels coaching box.
If Arthur's didn't want Bennett's help he sure as shit won't want Ofahiki Ogden in his ear.

Its good to see injured senior players from other clubs sit in the coaches box during the game. Its stands to reason they would have something to contribute.
Such a pity there is insufficient chairs at Commbank to allow similar to ever happen in the Eels coaching box.
All they’d hear anyway would be “front load it , front load it” , “ice it, ice it” , “chase collision, chase collision”

84 Baby

Referee
I heard a little rumour last night about a well known company that is potentially looking to be our Major Sponsor next year with ALAND moving away to the back of the jumper.

One of the directors high up of this company is coming over from America for the Sharks home game.

It will be interesting times if this company decides to jump on board

Again 🤔🤔🤔
Is that around the time Tucker Carlson is coming out?
Your TCN Parramatta Eels!

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wonder if the game is too fast now. Obviously good for TV ratings but there is likely to be unanticipated consequences.
6 again rule has definitely made it a faster game. With less interruptions.

I would love to know though after 4 years with the 6-again rule are fans happy with it.

Some of them when they get handed out no one has any clue what for and cant tell the difference between one tackle and the next.

They don't have any time to have look and scrutinised the decisions and the players can't stop have to keep playing where sets are going longer.

There are some occasions you actually want the penalty to take the 2 points not just a 6-again.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lomax kicking 2 point FGs is another weapon he can add next year for us.

I don't think Moses has kicked one yet since the rule came in place.

Lomax has 2 already this year

But having another FG option will definitely take pressure off Mitch when the game is tight.

I knew Lomax was a good player (though, he wasn't really my cup of tea), but I didn't realise just how good he is.

He is really very impressive - he is Folau-like under the high ball, too.

yy_cheng

Coach
The raw talent is there in Blaize so 400k is worth it if he breaks out next year.

If guth can teach him all the other stuff regarding fb play, he'll be a reece Walsh.

Cheap x factor fb for the next 3 years

Then we can sirens $$ to replenish the pack

I really honestly think that guth would make one of the best assistant coaches and a fb expert coach

King-Gutho94

Coach
I knew Lomax was a good player (though, he wasn't really my cup of tea), but I didn't realise just how good he is.

He is really very impressive - he is Folau-like under the high ball, too.
I remember a game he played against us I think in covid at commbank. As I was up in the top tier away from my normal seats and it was a wet slippery night. Hunt I think put the kick up and Lomax timed it too perfection with his jump over Sivo to catch the ball and then manage to pass to ravalava to score in one motion.

Happened right underneath me and I thought gee that a special piece of play.

He just hasn't found the consistency in his game though until this year.