What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Take it as a grain of salt but I heard before the start of the year the bare minimum requirement was for BA to get us into the 8. Even doing so there was no guarantees there wouldn’t be changes, I believe this is an understanding between BA and management.

It might come down to who the club have lined up to replace him and if they can make it happen or not.
That has pretty much been alluded to in the media already this year….

Basically no decision until eels are out of contention…giving him every chance to make finals first…

The Predictor

Juniors
Take it as a grain of salt but I heard before the start of the year the bare minimum requirement was for BA to get us into the 8. Even doing so there was no guarantees there wouldn’t be changes, I believe this is an understanding between BA and management.

It might come down to who the club have lined up to replace him and if they can make it happen or not.
Moses and Gutherson will save his ass, that what a shit club we have become

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, plenty of teams have lost halfbacks this year but they continue to win. Why do we fall into a hole without Moses? I believe it comes down to the systems they have in place and our 'system' (do we actually have one?) does not compensate for the loss of a halfback.
Not all halfbacks are equal and even when they are, they’re not all equally as important to their teams. Then there’s the difference in the quality of their replacements. It’s simplistic to say one team lost without its halfback and the other won without them. Stronger teams are less reliant on any one player. We should know by now that we haven't had a strong team since 2022. The salary cap has forced players out.
Also our roster is not suitable for the modern game and needs a quantum shift.
I agree, but I also thought this as far back as 2021, and then we went on to make the grand final. I think if we control the ball we can play to our strengths and thrive in the 'modern game', but we haven't controlled the ball since 2022:

YearNRL ranking (set completion)
2024=10th
2023=14th
2022=2nd
2021=1st
2020=5th

Fast backs is a prerequisite and mobile skillful forwards but we're seriously lacking there.
They don't even need to be skillful. Mobility is king in the middle.
Lomax and Blaize (if stays) are a start and we have several promising juniors coming thru (and maybe you can give us a rundown on these) likely to be promoted next year along with a few fast wingers Martin & Hill. However my concern is that BA is incapable of changing tactics and will persist will current strategy of bash and barge will very little support of the ball carrier. In short a complete change needs to happen and in BA I do not trust.
We are failing to complete our sets precisely because we are throwing too many risky passes. If we were really playing 'bash and barge' like you claim, we would be completing our sets much better than most teams.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Smells like bulllshit…..parents seem to love the club..

I hope it’s not true as well, but I think it might be.

for what it’s worth, I have met the parents a few times and they are nice people who do like the club - But like most parents they love their family and son way more. So I think your logic calling bullshit on me might be flawed

Legal Eel

Juniors
Moses and Gutherson will save his ass, that what a shit club we have become
I think this is right

the board will accept that BA had unlucky circumstances with injuries and suspensions this year and last year and will allow him next year, as there will be “no better options available” at the precise minute of their decision.

BA will flog the same dead horse next year with the same structures and game plans and a very similar roster (although Malibu Stacey may have a new hat)

in the meantime we will lose juniors, gain Lomax and probably sign a couple of absolute plodders like nofaluma and Corey Waddell….and Matt Arthur will be our starting rake next year

the only hope is that he is not extended in the next 12 months and the rebuild can start in 26 for possible finals in 2027/28

Poucifer and the Pouciples are going to have a big couple of years ahead.

hindy111

Post Whore
I hope it’s not true as well, but I think it might be.

for what it’s worth, I have met the parents a few times and they are nice people who do like the club - But like most parents they love their family and son way more. So I think your logic calling bullshit on me might be flawed

If we lost Blaize along with Sanders the club has completely lost me.

The Predictor

Juniors
As Pou points out constantly, as if the club cares what dumb fans like us think…..I wonder what the end game of that kind of attitude toward fans is?
We are the most poorly and disrespected fans in the competition, no incentive whatsoever, but they keep rolling up like drones, as Parra fans they are enablers, I say they, because I was smart enough to know what was coming and withdrew my financial support, once the multimillionaire is moved on with a few of his bummy mates (players) I will be back….Jack !!!

lingard

Coach
The thing about the Pouciples is that they enable his stupidity because it supports their genuine belief of not sacking the coach.

The dirty little secret is that Poucifer himself has no actual conviction on the coach - because if the majority of posters argued for Arthur to be extended, he would be arguing for Arthur’s immediate dismissal.
A number of years ago, I thought Pou was an out and out merkin. I really did. Couldn't stand him. I had a number of pretty scathing run-ins with him and a lot of arguments (I won most of them).
But over time I've come to look at things differently. A lot of what he says, though unpopular, is very insightful and very true. A lot of what he says is sarcastic (sarcasm being the second highest form of wit). He certainly loves an argument, but is often correct. He is by far the funniest poster on this forum.
A lot of people get so caught up in this 'us against him' thing, that they often lose
sight of what he's actually saying.
He's wrong a lot, but he's more often right than he is wrong (he posts a lot). And without doubt he is a very staunch and committed Parramatta fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avenger

Immortal
A number of years ago, I thought Pou was an out and out merkin. I really did. Couldn't stand him. I had a number of pretty scathing run-ins with him and a lot of arguments (I won most of them).
But over time I've come to look at things differently. A lot of what he says, though unpopular, is very insightful and very true. A lot of what he says is sarcastic (sarcasm being the second highest form of wit). He certainly loves an argument, but is often correct. He is by far the funniest poster on this forum.
A lot of people get so caught up in this 'us against him' thing, that they often lose
sight of what he's actually saying.
He's wrong a lot, but he's more often right than he is wrong (he posts a lot). And without doubt he is a very staunch and committed Parramatta fan.
He’s a f**king devils advocate AI bot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts