What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Their TPAs are hardly going to be ‘arms length’ now that they’re official sponsors. How does this help us pay merkins outside the cap? Maybe the club doctor will bodgie up some mesothelioma diagnoses for players’ family members?
Aren't Landry's (Dogs sponsor) payments, including shares in pubs, treated as TPAs? Or does that only apply to Gus' affiliated clubs?

emjaycee

Coach
As others have pointed out and you know full well, what anyone is paying for jersey sponsorship is just cash to the club. The real potential benefit is the connections they can provide to help further legal TPAs and perceived benefits. Is James Hardie going to transform the club in that regard? Maybe, maybe not, but it’s also likely they will be able to more so than Aland or at least build on what Aland can also provide
I saw what you did there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you agree with me that we have wealthy sponsors. Outstanding.
I don’t see how it’s relevant. Wealthy fans are where advantages come from. These merkins can offer players stuff that the club and sponsors would have to include in the cap.

Maybe the James Hardie boss is a mad Parra fan who can introduce these sorts of arrangements?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As others have pointed out and you know full well, what anyone is paying for jersey sponsorship is just cash to the club. The real potential benefit is the connections they can provide to help further legal TPAs and perceived benefits. Is James Hardie going to transform the club in that regard? Maybe, maybe not, but it’s also likely they will be able to more so than Aland or at least build on what Aland can also provide
That’s assuming they have an interest in facilitating these meetings. But TPAs are generally a poor business arrangement when companies can better spend their marketing budget by just providing official sponsorships directly to the club.

This all came out during the salary cap scandal. The club had trouble convincing donors to fund TPAs instead of sponsorships. They want their brand associated with the club rather than the more risky and lower profile single player.

Noise

Coach
I don’t see how it’s relevant. Wealthy fans are where advantages come from. These merkins can offer players stuff that the club and sponsors would have to include in the cap.

Maybe the James Hardie boss is a mad Parra fan who can introduce these sorts of arrangements?
It’s relevant because the whole conversation started from a comment saying we don’t have wealthy sponsors ffs. We obviously do.

And I already said that they would have good connections we can utilize for TPAs

You have literally agreed with everything I have said but somehow argued the point for a while before getting there

Delboy

First Grade
Here’s some useful information
Don’t order a large McCafe coffee, the medium is basically the same volume. My wife always wants hers one of those carry mugs, so bringing home coffees from a Maccas run, pouring it into the mug - there is no difference in volume, between medium and large yet you get charged more.
Not as important as coaching, recruitment etc, but at least it’s of some use.

yy_cheng

Coach
Don’t order a large McCafe coffee, the medium is basically the same volume. My wife always wants hers one of those carry mugs, so bringing home coffees from a Maccas run, pouring it into the mug - there is no difference in volume, between medium and large yet you get charged more.
That's what you tubers say about maccas soft drink.

The additional amount is small but per dollar much more expensive

hindy111

Post Whore

You sound very cheap. Being a powerful millionaire I don't have to worry about saving 50 cents.
Secondly who buys a coffee from McDonald's unless very desperate.

84 Baby

Referee
That’s assuming they have an interest in facilitating these meetings. But TPAs are generally a poor business arrangement when companies can better spend their marketing budget by just providing official sponsorships directly to the club.

This all came out during the salary cap scandal. The club had trouble convincing donors to fund TPAs instead of sponsorships. They want their brand associated with the club rather than the more risky and lower profile single player.
Of course it’ll come down to whether individuals can be f**ked going through the motions but generally TPAs aren’t brand association to the public, they’re done as marketing to associated companies. This also means they usually have a shelf life.

Though “official” TPAs are also secondary to connections. That is having access to business or investment opportunities, or simply good advisors. I’m not even referring to anything dodgy or discounted

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s relevant because the whole conversation started from a comment saying we don’t have wealthy sponsors ffs. We obviously do.

And I already said that they would have good connections we can utilize for TPAs

You have literally agreed with everything I have said but somehow argued the point for a while before getting there
Do you even Pou bro??

Johnny88

Juniors
Madge on big sports breakfast this morning was asked about Parra job. Just gave stock answer , only focused on NSW Blues at the moment that's my focus.

Gronk

Staff member
Madge on big sports breakfast this morning was asked about Parra job. Just gave stock answer , only focused on NSW Blues at the moment that's my focus.

I have zero interest in that merkin. He won a comp with a gem roster and did great with an on fire NZ squad.

Awesome.

But when his Souths team found themselves in the doldrums or he got his mitts on the shitty West Tigers squad, he did f**k all. Was incapable of extracting inspirational efforts or converting cheapie squad players into great players.

He is an uninspiring choice. Should have kept BA.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have zero interest in that merkin. He won a comp with a gem roster and did great with an on fire NZ squad.

Awesome.

But when his Souths team found themselves in the doldrums or he got his mitts on the shitty West Tigers squad, he did f**k all. Was incapable of extracting inspirational efforts or converting cheapie squad players into great players.

He is an uninspiring choice. Should have kept BA.

Agree. f**k Madge