What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Wally21

Bench
I tried the podcast plenty of times but 60’s inflated ego is so cringe. “Gentleman my phone, email, DM’s are just going off at the moment, I’m sorry I can’t get back to you all.”

He thinks he is Phil Gould. Mate, no one cares how’s your weeks been when you ramble for 15mins before talking about Parra.

I like John, although his constant inability to pronounce “th” is enough to make me steer off the road. “I feel for Arfer dis Fursday night”. Ahhhhhh!

And Clint? What is his purpose exactly?

I travel a lot so really enjoy podcasts and they could have a good one if they just spoke about footy.
Mate Clint needs to spend $40 on a decent microphone for a start… the sound quality when he speaks is so poor. Not that he adds much

King-Gutho94

Coach
Obviously ive not read it but ive heard she was highly critical of the club.
I think the club handled a tough situation as well as they could have.

Since when is sacking a coach going to be a perfect situation to handle.

Its generally a mess no matter how it gets handled.

What we did a secret trip to Wayne Bennett so its so disrespectful to Brad.

Should have done it 6 months ago.

The club gave BA every opportunity to succeed even this year.

The Darwin debacle was the final straw as it should have been.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I agree. Their audio quality is all over the place. No disrespect intended but I listen to poddys to put me to sleep. TCT is unlistenable in this instance. Some muffled, some too soft and another voice is too loud. Other poddys dont appear to have such an issue. Georgalis was on recently and simply could not be heard. I like to listen but crikey its difficult.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think the club handled a tough situation as well as they could have.

Since when is sacking a coach going to be a perfect situation to handle.

Its generally a mess no matter how it gets handled.

What we did a secret trip to Wayne Bennett so its so disrespectful to Brad.

Should have done it 6 months ago.

The club gave BA every opportunity to succeed even this year.

The Darwin debacle was the final straw as it should have been.
Id really like to read it. Regrettably each week our Eels loose the drama will continue. How some believe change wasnt compulsory is a mystery to me.

emjaycee

Coach
Id really like to read it. Regrettably each week our Eels loose the drama will continue. How some believe change wasnt compulsory is a mystery to me.

Here you go mate.
Nothing disappears from the interweb.

DaveMc

Juniors
Here you go mate.

That’s pretty tame really, can’t see why it was pulled.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Knowingly or not, they basically follow an access-media model. Like movie reviewers who rely on access to studios and actors, they rely heavily on access.
Start being too honest or hard, access is denied, and the venture folds or becomes redundant.
Exactly. There’s enough ‘content’ out there by angry whingers with no access. Why would TCT want to become another one of those?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Here you go mate.

.Cheers mate. Not sure why it was deleted. Ive read worse. Some of the Gradings over past weeks have been far more scathing.
Thanks again MJC. 👍

Stevie

Bench
On a side note if anyone is commuting and hasn’t tried the NRL podcast from Daily telegraph it’s honestly not bad.
It’s shown me a much more human side of those journos they actually seem like characters. (Rothfield not part of the podcast).

They talk through a lot of info based on what’s doing the rounds about club structure that isn’t newsworthy but I find it easy to listen to.

Thry often take the piss out of themselves with the same insults we’d say about them.

Johnny88

Juniors
Arthur, Moses back Eels culture after sacking

Danny Weidler SMH

Eels half Mitchell Moses and sacked coach Brad Arthur have defended the Parramatta playing group amid growing talk of a bad culture at the club. And it comes as a TV reporter accused Moses of swearing at him at training.
The culture of the playing group has been blamed in part for Arthur’s removal and there is a fresh issue to deal with after a television reporter claimed he had a verbal altercation with the Eels’ biggest star, Moses

Arthur was sacked on Monday, but has shielded the playing group from criticism after his departure and, for that matter, throughout his tenure as head coach. There is a school of thought that he was too good to his players and that cost him in the end. When asked about the players, he would not hear criticism of their approach.
When I put it to him – before news of the Moses incident – that there is a perception the players are difficult to deal with, he said: “They are not ... the natural thing to happen when you are not winning games of football, people say things. They are a great playing group. Even when you have 48 points put on you, like on the weekend [against the Storm] they were still trying hard. They tried hard until the end.
“When you are spending so much time with them, you learn so much about them. I could look at blokes and know what they were thinking and how they feel. When you are so close to them, it’s going to be hard not being around them.”
Arthur was particularly close to Moses, the team’s heartbeat.

Channel 10 chief league reporter Trent Simpson told the Eels about Moses’ conduct at training.
“Last Tuesday, while waiting behind the Eels club offices for a routine press conference, two balls were kicked over the roof and landed near the car,” Simpson told me. “I thought I’d do the right thing to help the kit man and return the balls to the other side of the building.
“I walked around the back of the building, where training had finished, and a few players were left having kicks at goal or doing extra work. I took a step or two onto the field and kicked the balls back. As I kicked the second ball, Mitchell Moses yelled out, ‘Get off the f---ing field’, to which point I just walked away thinking I had done the right thing.”
Moses was bemused and angry when I asked him what had happened.
The closed field at Parramatta training.
The closed field at Parramatta training.
“I think it’s fair to set the scene,” he said. “I was doing my best to avoid the media as I was starting to run [as he makes a comeback from a serious foot injury]. The media had been told to leave the area and there is a clear sign saying where they can’t go. I was deliberately waiting for the cameras to go before I ran.
“I saw a journalist hanging around and I get people want to get the story on an injury comeback, but I told our media person to ask him to leave. When he came on the field, I did tell him to get off. I felt he was in an area he should not have been. I didn’t swear at the person. I’m not stupid. I’ve been around the game for a while and I’ve never had an issue like this nor would I swear at a journalist. I know the impact it can have.
“I know the stories go around about our playing group, and people can have any opinion of me or the group they like. But it should be based on what actually happened or happens, not on something that didn’t happen.”
Simpson stands by his version of events.
Arthur showed incredible class during his exit, making no criticism of the club. The maturity and calmness he displayed have been noted. He even interrupted his 50th birthday dinner to do an interview on Fox Sports’ NRL 360. And Arthur saw the Fox cameraman outside the restaurant and took a pizza out to him.
Rivals circle Turbo
On Channel Nine’s 100% Footy on Monday, we brought you the story that Sea Eagles No.1 Tom Trbojevic is being looked at as a centre by the club.
The thinking is that playing in the centres will take the pressure off his body and, particularly, his troublesome hamstrings.
Now, rival clubs are watching how this is accepted by Trbojevic. If they notice any rejection of the idea or a feeling he is unhappy about being moved from fullback, they will make subtle inquiries.
And while it’s a long shot, it won’t stop teams asking questions about his future.