What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I must have missed the news that Brown was leaving at the end of his contract or that he wants to leave.
Can someone share the link please as I cannot find it anywhere?

eels_fan

First Grade
I personally am not sure how well liked Dylan is within the squad. There was no doubt some resentment built after what he did last year, added in ineffectual performances over many years. I think BA making him captain earlier in the year was the nail his coffin as our coach. No player had let our club down more in the past 12 months and he was rewarded with the most prestigious role in our club. If people don’t think that was a kick in the guts to others, and just a shit reflection on the culture of our club you are kidding yourself.

oldmancraigy

Coach
(Spam alert - sorry!)

I'd be really intrigued to see Gutho converting to 5/8 - as soon as next year.
Maybe we can work out a player swap for the grabber? (Anyone EXCEPT Freddy Lussick!!)

Gutho lacks the first step and burst speed to be incisive from FB, and Blaize just needs some time there. Gutho at 5/8 extends his career as an organiser, and he has nice vision, all around game, and can certainly defend in the front line

eels_fan

First Grade
I must have missed the news that Brown was leaving at the end of his contract or that he wants to leave.
Can someone share the link please as I cannot find it anywhere?
Just a rumour that was posted that he has informed the club he won’t take up the option and will go to the warriors. Nothing concrete, but it’s started a conversation.

emjaycee

Coach
Just a rumour that was posted that he has informed the club he won’t take up the option and will go to the warriors. Nothing concrete, but it’s started a conversation.
So for that to be true, the Warriors would have had to speak to him about moving there.
That is something they are not allowed to do until 1st November 2024 so how much credence do you really give the rumour?

BTW, do we know when his option for '26-'27 lapses?

eels_fan

First Grade
So for that to be true, the Warriors would have had to speak to him about moving there.
That is something they are not allowed to do until 1st November 2024 so how much credence do you really give the rumour?

BTW, do we know when his option for '26-'27 lapses?
We are all aware that no club has issues speaking to player managers outside of their “window”. Every club does it. Perhaps Dyl has been to club management and requested a release already.

Delboy

First Grade
Annually ? What are the exact terms of option post 2025 ? Is it sourced anywhere?
Who cares, stop playing games, it doesn’t matter really and I give up , you win whatever contest you decided we were playing . Until we restructure R&R we will continue to have issues , far too many for a big club.

Gronk

Staff member
Who cares, stop playing games, it doesn’t matter really and I give up , you win whatever contest you decided we were playing . Until we restructure R&R we will continue to have issues , far too many for a big club.
Dude I’m not playing games, just trying to understand you.

Totally on board with the R&R thing, just don’t get how a player being off contract from November is any different from a player having an option. If it’s true about the options being 1+1+1 etc until 2031 then that’s crazy. However if they are structured 3+2 etc then not so much.

eels_fan

First Grade
I'm not being naive. I just find it amusing that people get there titties in a twist about a single unsubstantiated rumour that has no substance and yet "oh shit, the sky is falling", "or club is shit", "blah, blah, blah"
People are having a conversation, who is saying the sky is falling? 90% of people on here would be hoping the situation eventuates where he leaves. No one even said the club is shit. You’ve created an entire commentary in your head that doesn’t exist

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
55% possession against the Roosters. I guess our attack was good enough today as well because we were ahead by 2 points near the end?
Don’t judge attack by a single game because there are other factors at play, such as the opposition’s defence.

As for 55% possession, that isn’t something that happens by accident ffs. It’s literally part of our gameplan rather than taking extra risks. Without it we would’ve conceded a lot more than 28 points.

Last edited:

Wally21

Bench
People are having a conversation, who is saying the sky is falling? 90% of people on here would be hoping the situation eventuates where he leaves. No one even said the club is shit. You’ve created an entire commentary in your head that doesn’t exist
100% correct. The thread is called “rumours and stuff” it’s not, “sourced facts”
I’m really struggling to understand why some posters here are allowed to have an opinion, but if someone disagrees or has a suggestion or concern, they are denigrated for it?
The irony is unbelievable

Latest posts