What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
If we want pure speed and and old fashioned style type of winger, then Alofiana Khan-Pereira is unsigned for next year and available. He is NRL read and playing real well for the Titans right now. If we can sign a couple of decent front rowers then I would definitely have a crack at him.

If we can't nab the front rowers we need then I would be looking at someone like his fellow wing partner type in Phillip Sami. A real metre eater. But he isn't off contract till 2024.

I can't believe that the Titans haven't already locked Khan-Pereira up. If Glacier moved quickly, you never know, we could sneak in and nab him under the Titans very noses. But then again, who am I kidding
Your not kidding anyone

Alofiana Khan-Pereira should have been signed up by our superstar R&R 2 years ago.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not revisionist for me. I mentioned probably start of 2022 if not prior that both Farnworth and the Hammer should have been targeted. Hammer would have come at that stage to play any position in first grade seeing as he was flat out making the top 17 at the Cowboys. One of these 2 would have been great, both would have been sublime... and both would have cost significantly less at that time than they are on the current/next deal...

Anyways, the R&R committee know what they're doing....

EDIT - searching back, I actually called for Farnworth and Hamiso to be signed as far back as March and April 2021 respectively. Sometimes even I underestimate my eye for talent....
We have needed speed for a while.

Everyone can spot it bar our superstar R&R team that include 3 people appointing our next coach shouldn't that be raising alarm bells.

Look at Khan Pereira this arvo. Any small opportunity he takes it.

We have had to put with Sivo in Quicksand and a slow backline that has been too busy chasing the collison instead of trying to burn the opposition on the edges especially with Moses and Carty down the blinds idea it's a complete waste.

Let's hope we get it right for 2025.

emjaycee

Coach
We have needed speed for a while.

Everyone can spot it bar our superstar R&R team that include 3 people appointing our next coach shouldn't that be raising alarm bells.

Look at Khan Pereira this arvo. Any small opportunity he takes it.

We have had to put with Sivo in Quicksand and a slow backline that has been too busy chasing the collison instead of trying to burn the opposition on the edges especially with Moses and Carty down the blinds idea it's a complete waste.

Let's hope we get it right for 2025.
Let's hope that history proves it was Arthur who didn't want to buy speedy outside backs and not the Chairman or CEO then.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Let's hope that history proves it was Arthur who didn't want to buy speedy outside backs and not the Chairman or CEO
The R&R committee in the past 4-5 years

BA, MON, CEO, Chairman and Ben Rogers.

There the 5 names I have heard and read.

And 3 of them are appointing the next coach.

I may be wrong but the CEO and Chairman though were quick to point out the coach had full autonomy of the roster in the presser after he was sacked.

ImTheMan

Juniors
If the NRL has opened the chest for Hayne then they have to do it for one player at everyclub or it will end up like the AFL where teams like GWS and the Suns got help and the Swans and Lions did for years and made the landscape very unfair.
Agreed, the NRL need to go all out to lure Hayne back for 2025. One more year.

Gronk

Staff member
View attachment 89978Jordan Hill, second from left in back row next to Stephen Crighton, trained with his Wentworthville Ron Massey Cup team, against the NSW Blues team preparing for next Wednesday SOO match at the MCG.
Jordan has had four matches back with Wenty after 12 months on sideline following knee surgery.
What a great experience for Jordan and the Massey players.