What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

ImTheMan

Juniors
HAYNE with an extra long pre season, is a "backup" center worthy of exploring once he has proven his innocence.

#OneLastFlight
#OneLastSeason

ImTheMan

Juniors
I would have Adam over any of our backups.. He is probably more inform than our 6!
I am not overly fond of him, but who do you think replaces him? There was literally a point where we could have made a play a Cronk before he joined the Roosters.
BuT THiNk aBOuT THe LoNG TERm has never worked. You sign the best current players you can with a salary cap, because they won't be here long anyway.
Could have been an entirely different period at the Eels. We should just get rid of him like Arthur with no replacement? The Eels are a circus minus the laughter again. The cull will start again, let's hope they don't look for FUTUrE TALENt again in five years.

Because they become big elsewhere first.

I would have Adam over any of our backups.. He is probably more inform than our 6!
At the moment anyone is better than our overrated tikitok loving 6. But players like Douhei and his quality, it’s still scraping the bottom of the barrel. That’s what got us into trouble from the start. Shit signings from a management that have NFI

parra pete

Referee
Hill also never played first grade and isn't a contracted top 30 player
When he signed a NSW Cup contract with Parra, he had just undergone his second knee reconstruction in 18 months. Of course he wasn't going to take up a top 30 spot in 2024. I anticipate Jordy will finish this season off in Ron Massey Cup, and then have a full preseason with the Club and see what happens in 2025. If he makes it, he makes it. If he doesn't at least we will know that he has had a good crack at it. "Many are called, few are chosen".
He has that commodity called "pace"...and plenty of it.

JokerEel

Coach
When he signed a NSW Cup contract with Parra, he had just undergone his second knee reconstruction in 18 months. Of course he wasn't going to take up a top 30 spot in 2024. I anticipate Jordy will finish this season off in Ron Massey Cup, and then have a full preseason with the Club and see what happens in 2025. If he makes it, he makes it. If he doesn't at least we will know that he has had a good crack at it. "Many are called, few are chosen".
He has that commodity called "pace"...and plenty of it.

Good to hear it's always good to about young kids coming through 👍

Soto

Bench
Ummmm to late!!
That's like Lois Lane saying in a presser after weeks 5 or 6 write us off at your own peril about making the 8.
He was saying it with so much energy and enthusiasm I was totally convinced...fast forward to rnd 17 and where do we sit..that's ok we have plenty of time...oh wait

yy_cheng

Coach
Are we the only side who went into the comp without a back up halfback or any depth in the backline?
Our tactic was to sign as many troubled backrowers and polish them for our power game.

Anyone can fill in at Backs, halves, hooker and fullback. Evidence that we have no real backup in any of the positions except maybe asi at half and you can argue hands but Lussick is shit.

If our polishing was on point and we played with power, that's all we needed.

But we let go so many backrowers and retired one and hence why our top 30 is not filled.

If that didn't have any ba input, then you're kidding me.

If only moimoisea, davey, rodwell, murchie, et al were all polished, we would be at the top of the table

Tbh, you can throw kelma in that lot as kelma was shit under ba.

Under barrett, and playing 80 mins, he's been one of our best forwards

Noise

Coach
That's like Lois Lane saying in a presser after weeks 5 or 6 write us off at your own peril about making the 8.
He was saying it with so much energy and enthusiasm I was totally convinced...fast forward to rnd 17 and where do we sit..that's ok we have plenty of time...oh wait
Or Gutho telling the team that they are definitely going to win and have celebratory beers in the sheds against the Bulldogs because we 'turned a corner' against the Sharks. These merkins just expect to turn up and win. I've never seen worse attitudes / leadership than from Eels senior players

Last edited: