What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You mean the bloke BA wanted only to be told that he wasn’t allowed to pay him anywhere near what he wanted?

anyway, yeah he’d be awesome.
After 11 years BA had exactly the team he wanted. He didn’t even want those blokes we lost after the grand final. He thought Momoisea and Lussick were better. No chance he wanted Farnworth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok well maybe not all awesome but significantly could add to squad.

From memory there was Herbie Farnsworth, Bradman Best, Kotoni Staggs, Justin Olam, Issac’s Tago, Joseph Manu all swapped teams or were available.

You wouldn’t think any of those suitable..?
I doubt it was about suitability, it would've been about price.

Gronk

Staff member
Hey did we sign a gun hooker from Penrith last year? I remember some saying it’s a weird signing with MA around. Did that eventuate? Is it next year or this year? Is he a chance of debuting next year?

Cheers.
Ryley Smith dropped to Flegg this week as Lussick is in CUP..

Good player has a running game should be our CUP hooker next year.
Fun fact: was selected in the 2021 Australian Schoolboy team with Jock Brazel.

Gronk

Staff member
why would Ryles want barrett what does he bring , we are still leaking points and can't score them either https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/oth...S&cvid=e93c0a2d3848402f8a5ec34accfbe6fe&ei=82
When both Nathan Cleary and Mitchell Moses credit Barrett for having significant contributions to their careers, you should slow down and have a listen.

The criticism on BA and R&R has switched over to him recently, like he’s supposed to have some magic powers to make injured players get better and our roster to somehow improve overnight. Yet somehow he ended up on the shit list.

If he has something to contribute, then why not keep him around ? He does not have to be JRs chosen assistant necessarily. Maybe he could do a Nathan Brown role ?

gaffer

Juniors
When both Nathan Cleary and Mitchell Moses credit Barrett for having significant contributions to their careers, you should slow down and have a listen.

The criticism on BA and R&R has switched over to him recently, like he’s supposed to have some magic powers to make injured players get better and our roster to somehow improve overnight. Yet somehow he ended up on the shit list.

If he has something to contribute, then why not keep him around ? He does not have to be JRs chosen assistant necessarily. Maybe he could do a Nathan Brown role ?
or maybe he can gather the gear up after training

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Id like to see Blaize and Gutho in a pre season foot race.
My money is on Gutho.

talk of where Blaze may settle includes 5/8 and centre as well as FB

as far as 5/8 goes I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's a playmaker, or kicker, not even a cut out pass

has anyone seen him exhibit such abilities in the lower grades ?

he looks more like a finisher from what I've seen of him

Gronk

Staff member
talk of where Blaze may settle includes 5/8 and centre as well as FB

as far as 5/8 goes I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's a playmaker, or kicker, not even a cut out pass

has anyone seen him exhibit such abilities in the lower grades ?

he looks more like a finisher from what I've seen of him
I have only seen him play cup and he only lasted 4 games there. 3 games at FB and one at 6. Two games at the stadium that I saw I, he had a hand in a whole bunch of tries and was very dangerous.