What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Until they make a grand final you will continue to be wrong.
Disagree. Nobody is definitively wrong until either they or us win a GF IMO. So right now it's a case of wait and see.

One thing that cannot be argued is that their coach is getting a lot more out of a roster somewhat inferior to ours on paper and they are recruiting much more effectively than us. All of which would suggest they are a better chance of winning a premiership than us any time soon. But again, it's a case of wait and see.

Stevie

Bench
Staggs and Walsh seems a fair swap
lol Walsh would never leave he’s the prince of Brisbane that little wanker.

I’d take Staggs and Tristan Sailor who is reportedly moving to Super League due to not getting a start and pocket the massive difference in salary cap. Gutho 900 Sivo 550 vs Staggs 550? And Sailer 200?

Sailor a fringey with promise, Staggs a first grader.

600-800 better off?

Stevie

Bench
The Bulldogs are closer to a comp then us. As I stated in 2022 amd watching the rebuild.
With the 7th best points differential we got lucky. Like you say points differential is a better indicator of the best sides.
Now we are seeing the proof.

You shouldn't underestimate my footy knowledge
So you have Ryles ear ahead of 25. Your advice?

lucablight

First Grade

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And we have been shit since then and were lucky to be in the GF. That appearance increased our pain unnecessarily for another 2 years.
This is bullshit too. Both grand finals we've appeared in since 2001 have been lucky. Like about a dozen other clubs, we don't have the resources to be a genuine premiership favourite, even in our best year. That isn't Brad Arthur's fault.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They arent outliers if they happen this regularly. How many teams have won wooden spoons in the past 20 years? Cause we have 3 maybe 4 of them.
How many in the last 10? Cause we are a good chance of 2 of them.
The last 20 years has little to do with the club's current management. Twenty years' worth of results actually points to the fundamental strength of the club (i.e. resources). The current management needs to be judged since 2019. They aren't saddled with results before then.

Noise

Coach
The last 20 years has little to do with the club's current management. Twenty years' worth of results actually points to the fundamental strength of the club (i.e. resources). The current management needs to be judged since 2019. They aren't saddled with results before then.
So it only took them 5 years to get to the bottom. Great governance!

But we are judged as a club and as you mentioned we have sucked for the 3 years after a grand final since 1986. This is not an outlier.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So it only took them 5 years to get to the bottom. Great governance!
It's within the normal range of outcomes for a club our size. Plenty of clubs have had seasons where they only won about six games. Whether they ran last or not depends on the fate of other teams in the comp that year.
But we are judged as a club and as you mentioned we have sucked for the 3 years after a grand final since 1986. This is not an outlier.
If we're truly judged as a club then we can't be looking for scapegoats. If we're looking for someone to blame then it can only be for results under their watch. You can't have your goat and scape it too.

Latest posts